General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Mathematically no, but in reality Cardiff would have to make up 11 goals plus whatever the score is tomorrow. So looks like we'll officially win the league if we beat Bolton or Cardiff fuck up against Forest or Derby.

How have John Ruddy and Ryan Bennett performed for you this season? Both released by Nodge last summer (Ruddy mainly for wage/budget reasons, Bennett because he was predominantly shit for us) and they’ll be playing in the Prem next year. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ruddy has been cosistent, a decent keeper but very prone to mistakes in every game. I'll be surprised if he's playing for us next season.

Ryan Bennett has been absolutely brilliant for us, in a back three where he he sits behind Coady and takes the right hand side. He's been one of my favourite players if I'm honest and I wasn't expecting much. He hardly played at the start of the season with Miranda starting, an injury later and Bennett took his chance and kept his place. Making club captain Batth nothing but a bench warmer. I'll love the guy forever for his heroics at Bristol at the back post. Why you let him go for nowt is mindblowing.

He too will probably not get many games next season though, but would be fine on the bench.

• Paid Members

City weren't even that good yesterday. We were just pretty bad. For the life of me I cannot understand why Pochettino chooses to start Lamela over Son and seems to not currently rate Lucas Moura who is probably one of the top three most talented players that we have in the team. Anyway it was an essentially meaningless match in terms of League positioning. I'll eat my hat if Chelsea make up the seven point gap between us between now and the end of the season. Funny to see Liverpool fans taking the piss out of us conveniently forgetting that we battered the shit out of their "defence" when we met them at Wembley earlier in the season. Yet another reason to hate Liverpool fans.

Also so sad to see Arsenal's revival since Milan suddenly hit a Tyneside brick wall. Aw.

3 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Ruddy has been cosistent, a decent keeper but very prone to mistakes in every game. I'll be surprised if he's playing for us next season.

Ryan Bennett has been absolutely brilliant for us, in a back three where he he sits behind Coady and takes the right hand side. He's been one of my favourite players if I'm honest and I wasn't expecting much. He hardly played at the start of the season with Miranda starting, an injury later and Bennett took his chance and kept his place. Making club captain Batth nothing but a bench warmer. I'll love the guy forever for his heroics at Bristol at the back post. Why you let him go for nowt is mindblowing.

He too will probably not get many games next season though, but would be fine on the bench.

It's been frustrating watching Cyrus Christie play RB for Ireland in the absence of Seamus Coleman, and been at fault for several crucial goals, when Matt Doherty has been outperforming him in virtually every conceivable way for the best team in the division.

Christie turfed out by Pulis at Middlesbrough and I'm not even sure he's started a game for Fulham yet.

It's an example of O'Neill's stubbornness when it comes to team selection, like trying to accommodate too many players, meaning Robbie Brady doesn't play in his best position, and playing Jon Walters out of position/even though he was clearly nowhere near match fit for the Georgia/Serbia games we dropped 5 points in (and lost out on the possibility of qualifying for the WC automatically).

Anyways, back to Wolves, I hope Doherty can survive Wolves' inevitable summer splurge. He got another good assist today.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

You'll probably get Jan Oblak. Or a resurrected Lev Yashin.

1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Funny to see Liverpool fans taking the piss out of us conveniently forgetting that we battered the shit out of their "defence" when we met them at Wembley earlier in the season. Yet another reason to hate Liverpool fans.

Well it is pretty embarrssing. You can't even beat City.

On what basis is Loucas Moura one of the three most talented players in your team?

• Paid Members

@MurtzGood fortune that we have no other bugger that can play there.

I don't get that Lucas Moura comment either. He's really failed to live up to the hype that surrounded him, Neymar and Ganso around the same time many years ago. It wasn't as though he didn't have the opportunities at PSG either, he had plenty until they decided to bring in better and more established players.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Well it is pretty embarrssing. You can't even beat City.

On what basis is Loucas Moura one of the three most talented players in your team?

Well, prior to his most recent season at PSG he was touted as one of the best young footballers in the world. The few times we have got to see him in a Spurs shirt, he's been the best player on the pitch.

Perhaps top three is hyperbole but he is fucking excellent and it's frustrating that Poch isn't throwing him in. He should have brought both Son and Moura on when we got a goal back, and I reckon we could have gone on to win. I don't know if he's saving him for the FA Cup or if he's doing what he did with Aurier in that he didn't start him hardly at all for ages until Poch was confident he understood the system etc. I think Aurier has fallen out of favour with Poch now though, which is a shame as I like him a lot. I don't really rate Lamela at all, yet Poch seems to love him.

On another note: I fucking love Davinson Sanchez. He is already brilliant and will only get better. Defenders signed by Spurs from Ajax: name a more iconic duo.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

On another note: I fucking love Davinson Sanchez. He is already brilliant and will only get better. Defenders signed by Spurs from Ajax: name a more iconic duo.

Yeah he's been brilliant, which is a big reason why Levy isn't bending over for Alderweireld's supposed contract demands (I mean he wouldn't anyway, but you know) I reckon.

Watch him a Mina at the World Cup, could be one of the best (and youngest) CB partnerships.

26 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Is Cech really as bad as Twitter is making him out to be? Poor Cech.

No, Czech has been one of the best goal keepers of all time and Twitter is full of fucking oddballs called @OzilFanBaller who get all their opinions from Copa 90 (nb: I like most of their content)

@SpursRiot2012 Moura is not as good as Son or Pamela currently. You have to remember those two players have been ingrained in Poch's system for years now. It'll take time.

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

@SpursRiot2012 Moura is not as good as Son or Pamela currently. You have to remember those two players have been ingrained in Poch's system for years now. It'll take time.

I disagree, with regards to Lamela. I think just putting Moura in over Lamela would give us more threat going forward. Having said that, of course once Moura has had a full pre-season Poch, he'll be even better and I expect he will start most games next season.

Archived