General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My favourite ever Wolves player was John The Wolf. Because he actually looked like a wolf and once scored a hat-trick playing at Centre Half. Top class football gimmick.

Pleased to see Real go through tonight, although what a gutting way to lose it for Juve. It was a very soft pen, but a foul is a foul. Classic Ronaldo moment, though.

Liverpool, Roma, Bayern, Madrid.

Lovely last four there. Things being shaken up a bit for the first time in what feels like an eternity.

I really shouldn't be anywhere near as optimistic as I am, especially with the quality of the other teams but we've just twonked one of the best Premier League sides in recent memory. comprehensively over two legs. I really feel like we can go and have a proper crack no matter who we come up against. It's impossible not to feel just a little bit optimistic when we've got such a charismatic, talent-driven team. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Kane swearing on his daughters life made me take a serious turn off the chap. I don't care if he did or didn't get the ball last, you don't do that in any circumstances. Awful carry on out of him. But, modern day footballer, innit.

There's a fair amount of Liverpool fans where I work and every one of them are saying they want Roma because it's pretty much a pass to the final. The fucking arrogance of fans. I really am falling out with ball these days. Nothing's making sense anymore. Besides Billy Sharp.

Yeah, this is annoying me no end as a Liverpool fan. You can't overlook any team that's made it to the semis, especially when they've just had a stormer against Barca. Karma says we'll draw them now, and they'll absolutely rinse us.

"I know the referee saw what he saw, but it was certainly a dubious incident. Not clear-cut. And a dubious incident at the 93rd minute when we had a clear penalty denied in the first leg, you cannot award that at this point.

"The team gave its all, but a human being cannot destroy dreams like that at the end of an extraordinary comeback on a dubious situation.

"Clearly you cannot have a heart in your chest, but a bag of rubbish. On top of that, if you don't have the character to walk on a pitch like this in a stadium like this, you can sit in the stands with your wife, your kids, having your drink and eating crisps.

"You cannot ruin the dreams of a team. I could've told the referee anything at that moment, but he had to understand the degree of the disaster he was creating.

"If you can't handle the pressure and have the courage to make a decision, then you should just sit in the stands and eat your crisps.”

What an awful cunt Buffon is. That’s insulting to pretty much everyone, fans included.

What makes it worst is that Oliver was bang on. And yet because people like Buffon he’s getting slaughtered.

Who’d be a ref, hey?

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, DCW said:

There's only one cunt involved in that situation, and it isn't lovely Buffon!

Buffon isn't a cunt but he's wrong on this. It was a foul. The guy was wrong side and didn't get the ball. It was a tap in otherwise and he made a desperate challenge because their defending was appalling. Buffon's reaction was out of order and he was rightly sent off.

I couldn't give a fuck about Michael Oliver. Have no opinion on him either way. But he's right on both decisions.

Remember though, Buffon, losers complain about referees, Juventus don't. ;)

• Paid Members

Gigi is absolutely not a cunt. Even when moaning about the referee, he's so poetic in doing so. A bag of rubbish for a heart!

So is that him done now? He was going to retire if Juve didn't win the Champions League, although he's recently come out of international retirement so who knows.

• Paid Members

Buffon is being an idiot there. Refs shouldn't tailor their decisions on the fact a team has come from three goals behind.

A ref calls a decision by what has just happened.

That was a penalty last night, a soft one to give away, but a penalty. If you then lay hands on the ref you deserve to go.

20 hours ago, David said:

The funny thing is, it's likely that a lot of fans of clubs like Roma, Bayern and Madrid are looking on Liverpool as a "pass to the final" if such a thing exists at this stage. 

Only unbeaten team in CL and top scorers.

I think the other 2 teams want Roma next.

Archived