General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not sure, they set a reasonable goal of three years to get out the Championship. I'm sure they'll look to establish and develop further each year. I'm biased I know, but if we can keep players and invest further in players of Neves' quality, I can see us pushing that top 6 bracket within a few years. We can financially already, it's just whether we can draw in quality, having Mendes as a pal to the club can also help.

I have never been excited about being in the Prem as much as if (when) we go up, there was always that feeling of not being able to compete, having to endure a season of losses and that's before a ball's been kicked.

I know I have probably said some emotionally fueled things in the footie threads over the past two seasons that hasn't related to reality. However that is because for the first time since following Wolves have I ever really had some grain of hope that we could actually 'compete' as a club in this country.

Of course the Chinese government could make our owner disappear for a few weeks again if not more, the money could stop overnight, Mendes could show his arse and have pretty much the Wolves first XI walk away. And that is the burning nag at the back of this football war torn eternal pessimistic noggin.

But Christ, a bit of hope in English football is worth latching onto without doubt.

• Paid Members

Behave yourself. Nuno would fucking batter Warnock, even if by current looks Colin could summon and utilise Harry Potter Goblin magic.

The Nuno death stare is lethal, combined with 'foreign' wrath, Warnock would melt before a hand is thrown.

With Mendes watching on with a wry smile and the smell of freshly produced money oozing from his pores as it happens. Leading to Steve Bruce and his Villa bosses, as well as the Leeds owner, projectile shitting themselves over and over at how it's not fair that Mendes can have friends and/or help them.

• Paid Members

That was the most stunning second half from United. Stunning as in fantastic, and also I didn't think I'd ever see it! 

Chris Smalling pulled away from Kompany to score the winner. The most backwards sentence you could write.

Stephen Ireland was a threat in his only Premier League start this season.

Back to full fitness after another setback and he's an unused sub in Stoke's past two games.

You'd think if Lambert wasn't carrying a grudge from their Villa days he'd have brought him on at the weekend with them just a goal behind.

Four points off safety now.

Dreadful luck for Ireland getting back to fitness just as Hughes is sacked and replaced with the guy who had him training with the youth team at Villa.

• Paid Members

Pity Lambert hasn't been able to turn Stoke round. He's never been the same manager since he left Norwich all those years ago. Magic has gone. 

Southampton, Stoke and West Brom in the bottom three. Three clubs who have been relatively stable and finishing comfortably in the league over the last few years to varying degrees. I wouldn't have called any of those at the start of the season. 

• Paid Members

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Southampton, Stoke and West Brom in the bottom three. Three clubs who have been relatively stable and finishing comfortably in the league over the last few years to varying degrees. I wouldn't have called any of those at the start of the season. 

I predicted Stoke would just finish outside the drop zone, but thought the other two teams would end up around mid-table for very different reasons.

Southampton had some very skilled and gifted players and had tended to do well with any manager. West Brom were full of British journeymen that would never be highly sought after but 'Gerry from Phoenix Nights when he was meant to be ill', as he usually does, made them a solid if unspectacular team. I would like Southampton to stay up, but the other two can go. Sorry Ralphy.

Can't wait for the Premier League to end. It's been a bit of a shit season overall. City are the champs elect, the top 4 is all but confirmed, the bottom two are pretty much dead and buried- it's just the fight to avoid the final relegation spot now. It's only early April.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but roll on international football!

And welcome back Nicko! Tell jaffa to get back if you're still in touch.

• Paid Members

Can't wait for that World Cup. So much could happen with Putin and the England team that it's just interesting just for that. It'll be like when Rocky Balboa gets out the plane in Russia in "Rocky 4" when that England plane lands.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Southampton had some very skilled and gifted players and had tended to do well with any manager. West Brom were full of British journeymen that would never be highly sought after but 'Gerry from Phoenix Nights when he was meant to be ill', as he usually does, made them a solid if unspectacular team. I would like Southampton to stay up, but the other two can go. Sorry Ralphy.

"There's a party goin' on right here...Jerry's better, he's got the all clear!" 

Think I still have Jaffa's number from a random rendezvous a couple of years back. Will see if I can get the band back together :cool:

• Paid Members

It'd be great to see Jaffa back. Used to hang out with him a bit, but he went off-radar - he hasn't got FB, so couldn't stay in touch.

Archived