General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 04/04/2018 at 2:15 PM, David said:

I know the SPFL isn't the best league in the world, but I don't see any football manager willingly leaving a club like Celtic to go to West Brom. No offence meant to any West Brom fans, of course!

No do the Neil Lennon way. Quit, then have a rest, then join Bolton.

I remember when Ray Wilkins was up here in Glasgow and he stood there talking for about ten minutes with my dopey self and my brother all about his football career in the old training ground (well a grass pitch) across the road from Ibrox Stadium. Cracker of a photo there too. He wasn't hurrying up to the team coach in the slightest when Souness was shouting them in. Seemed an extremely nice man, Souness was a fucking dickhead all through those couple of hours. I can't imagine a player under him taking his shite.

• Paid Members

Bonkers finish to the Cardiff/Wolves game. Cardiff were 1-0 down in stoppage time and won a penalty, only for John Ruddy to save it. Almost immediately afterwards they win another penalty, and they miss that by hitting the post! 

That’s Wolves as good as up, as if they weren’t already. 

Also, another one to add to Mike Dean's collection of oddball antics:

• Paid Members

Did you watch the full video? He told him to fuck off over and over for about a minute! He's an absolute nob, but that was brilliant.

Gives me an excuse to post something I saw on Twitter the other day:

Screenshot_20180327-175155.png

• Paid Members

Funniest thing I've ever seen is when Kevin Muscat headbutted Paddy Kenny in the tunnel, and then Sheffield United had to play with Jagielka in goal. And Sheffield United won the game. So as the Millwall players were coming off, he tells each one of them "Serves you right for fucking Muscat, that. Serves you right for fucking Muscat." It was class.

Funniest thing I've witnessed at a game, sure I've said this before, was when Coventry were playing Southampton.  Peter Shilton was between the sticks for the Saints and it was just after the story broke that his wife had an affair.  So when Shilts was defending the goal in front of the West Terrace, which was the most vocal part of Highfield Road, we started chanting (might have her name wrong) "If you've all shagged Sue clap your hands".

As the chant took hold, you could see the Shilton shoulders shuddering with laughter and the shaking of the head.  Then, in perfect time, the end of the chant arrived and he span round and clapped along.  He received rapturous applause.

• Paid Members

Ha! Warnock is one bitter old cunt who showed his true colours after that game. Really hope Fulham overtake them now.

The fact the cunty old tool has won Manager of the Season is ludicrous too. Celebrating kicking the shit out of teams to win is so typically backwards of the Championship and it's durge of shitehawk managers like Warnock and Bruce.

That game did my heart in last night, I'm exhausted today. TWO fucking penalties in the last 2 minutes of the game, both stonewall, Mike Dean had a great game in charge, what an end to a game.

Nuno is so enthused by football and so emotional about it, imagine seeing your team survive 2 penalties and then the final whistle blows and you've more or less secured promotion, I'd be going bat shit mental too.

"This is Britain, he needs to learn" fuck off Colin you Xenophobic old cunt.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I'm interested as to wolves upcoming transfer dealings. Do they keep the same players and just add maybe 2 or 3 bigger names, or do they spend shedloads on average players? The team itself, as much as i dont like to say, is pretty damn good, if it was me i wouldn't change too much.

Why would we spend shedloads on average players? Who'd do that? ... oh wait yeah sorry Ralphy.
Truth be told I don't know what to expect this summer. Talk of Andre Silva, Danilo Pereira, Alex Telles and Jose Sa being inbound. Of course we need to sort out the rock that is Boly as well as another CB of a higher standard too.
Fosun want Champions League football and have set a number of years to get it. They gave Nuno two years to get out the Championship but gave him the funds and backing to do it first time of asking (pretty much) they'll give him the funds to compete to get their dream I'm sure.
We of course need to keep hold of Neves, the man is the best footballer to put on a Wolves shirt in my living memory, his displays this season should put people on notice. I reckon he'll stay until a monster bid comes in.

Archived