General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Pardew for Ipswich? McCarthy is on his way at the end of the season. Looks like a decent fit.

Ipswich are reportedly looking at Lincoln's management team of Danny and Nicky Cowley. They did wonders at Braintree getting them in the National League playoffs before moving to Lincoln, winning the National League and getting to the FA Cup quarter finals last year. This season they have Lincoln in the playoffs of League 2 and have got them to Wembley in the EFL Trophy. 

8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Ipswich are reportedly looking at Lincoln's management team of Danny and Nicky Cowley. They did wonders at Braintree getting them in the National League playoffs before moving to Lincoln, winning the National League and getting to the FA Cup quarter finals last year. This season they have Lincoln in the playoffs of League 2 and have got them to Wembley in the EFL Trophy. 

I'm not sure they fit with the current owners style really. A bit of a gamble, which isn't Marcus Evans usual type.

Heard rumours of Steve McLaren being in the running, which makes more sense.

Speaking of managers. Big Sam is not going to last beyond this season is he? He hasn't set the world on fire at Everton (despite keeping them up - which I think any manager would a have done with that squad).

I could see Everton moving for Dyche who I think has done wonders at Burnley. 

• Paid Members

After the shite Albion fans hurled at us with McCarthy in charge I would sort of love to see him go there and establish them as a mid table Championship team for the length of his contract.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Brendan Rodgers would go if you doubled his money to WBA. If you think he'll be at Celtic in five years, you're mental. It's easy money up here, but you must get fed up with it.

Hitman Rodgers is conceited enough that I could see him staying at Celtic for years and years, because it allows him to win the title every twelve months, stand in front of the mirror and tell himself that he's a world class manager. 

Also, it's just been confirmed that Ray Wilkins has died.

8 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Brendan Rodgers would go if you doubled his money to WBA. If you think he'll be at Celtic in five years, you're mental. It's easy money up here, but you must get fed up with it.

I know the SPFL isn't the best league in the world, but I don't see any football manager willingly leaving a club like Celtic to go to West Brom. No offence meant to any West Brom fans, of course!

• Paid Members

Sad news about Ray Wilkins. He was a decent player in his day and it seems like he has helped loads of players during his coaching years. 

And 61 years old? He should be starting to wind down and plan how is is going to spend his retirement. Sad, sad news!

Archived