General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I agree. It's particularly a little ugly seeing a lot of Wenger's old and formally loyal players putting the boots in, but I guess it just highlights how far Arsenal have fallen in the past two years. I've been willing Wenger to do well (again, what a change) because he deserves a bit more respect, if not sympathy for the results.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Did you see last week some lad on Twitter called "Frimpon" posted a video telling Wenger to "Fuck Off". Some stupid cunt at the Guardian or something reports it in one of those horrendous clickbait articles as ex-Arsenal player Emmanuel Frimpong tells Wenger to fuck off. natural justice when the lad posted "Er, I'm not Emmanuel Frimpong" and a load of "They all look the same" gags. Serves 'em right, get some proper journos.

• Paid Members

It's the fact that this site/thread isn't jammed full of the usual "bants" that I enjoy reading it so much. 

You go on any other site and it's full of the usual cliched bollocks, like folk calling Man Utd "ManUre" or Liverpool "Looserpool" and the likes.

• Paid Members

Seeing the abuse Wenger is taking from ALL corners is really sad to see, but unfortunately you have to say he has brought this on himself. Yes, he deserves more respect, but to be honest apart from the same old cunts out there that have shown him disrespect for years now (Piers Morgan, DT, Troopz & the AFTV mouth-breathers, sections of our fans) he has been given respect by and large from everyone else. Now his stubbornness is tarnishing his reputation.

He is arguably the greatest manager the club have ever had (him or Herbert Chapman), the guy should be heralded as a god. And if he did the right thing and held his hands up and said 'I can't bring this club forward any more than I have' at one of MANY points over the past few years, then he could've rode off with his head held high. His two main problems are delusion and obsession. Delusion in the sense that he genuinely feels that he is the best made to dig us out of this hole, but the hole has been deepening more and more over the years and we are lower than ever. Obsession in the sense that he feels obligated to dig us out, he feels it is his duty and that the club is his livelihood. He is passionate about the club beyond words, but that is also part of his downfall.

Which brings us onto the board. They have a huge onus and obligation to preserve Wenger's status as a club legend by doing the right thing. Being sacked isn't going to tarnish his legacy anywhere as much as seeing him continue as manager in this manner. A change is needed and if he isn't going to walk (he won't), then they have to take responsibility and make that change themselves. Otherwise, this is only going to get worse. Kroenke incidentally has started to turn around the Rams' fortunes in NFL recently- after relocating them to LA he appointed a new (and young) general manager with a fresh approach, which has helped with their turnaround significantly. What a novel idea!

The thing is, the signs for big changes are there. We snapped up Dortmund's head scout Sven Mislintat a few months ago, and he was instrumental in our January window business apparently. But an even greater indication is by appointing former Barca sporting director Raul Sanllehi, who joined last month. Wenger has said he'd never work under a sporting/football director as he doesn't see the point in them, whereas virtually every modern day coach is used to this system. He's clearly been brought in as a sporting director, you would have to assume, in preparation for life after Wenger. Hopefully that change happens as soon as possible- for the greater good of the club, the fans, the players (who have given up playing for Wenger) and also for Arsene himself.

15 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Proper gimmick that lot. Here's that 40 year old teenager DT (for lack of better words) marking the fuck out over Mourinho and getting a selfie with him. If he saw Wenger a few foot away from him, he'd probably be sucking his french loaf.

DIwE-DiXgAAPm3N.jpg

Haha I wasn't too far from when he took that pic at the game for Game 4 Grenfell (managed to grab a photo with Tamer Hassan). Him and Troopz were all over the players and celebs on the bench. Was funny to see as don't recall any Arsenal players other than David Seaman.

This might look comical tomorrow, but I predict tonight is the night Pochettino's Spurs come of age by putting a big Champions League tie to bed with minimal fuss. Would be a great story if it was the spring board to them shaking off the bottlers tag and they win a few pots in the next few years.

I'm sat at work now reading this and I genuinely have butterfly's in my stomach about tonight's game. Think to occupy myself im going to go and work out when St Arsene's Day will be when the scum can no longer catch us.

Am I right in thinking Spurs could get Real again in the quarters? Also looking for odds on an all English final.

6 minutes ago, The Four Horsemen said:

Am I right in thinking Spurs could get Real again in the quarters? Also looking for odds on an all English final.

That is correct, I doubt it’ll be an all English final though, there’s no way UEFA is allowing that. 

Archived