General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I would laugh uproariously if Hughes' firing led to a Stoke return for Pulis, just to complete the 'name out of a hat' managerial situation with the likes of Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes.

Stoke fans were on 606 at the weekend asking for the return of Pulis.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Who's left on our list of Proper British Managers that can 'do a job'? Schteve McLaren? Colin Wanker? 'Arry? Can't wait to see who comes in for the Swansea and inevitable Stoke managerial positions. What's Alan Curbishley up to these days? Steve Coppell must be grasping his phone waiting for the vibrations.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Who's left on our list of Proper British Managers that can 'do a job'? Schteve McLaren? Colin Wanker? 'Arry? Can't wait to see who comes in for the Swansea and inevitable Stoke managerial positions. What's Alan Curbishley up to these days? Steve Coppell must be grasping his phone waiting for the vibrations.

Steve Bruce would be in there. I also could see some clubs having a lobotomy and thinking Warnock could do the biz after Rotherham and Cardiff, 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Forgot about Bruce, of course! I did mention Warnock though- Colin Wanker. Best anagram ever (check it).

I desperately wanted to Google that to see what you were on about, but thought it was best avoided on the work laptop. 

Bet Coleman must be gutted. Took Sunderland and about 3 weeks later every lower level Premier League side has switched manager. 

48 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Bloody hell, Bristol City. Some season they're having.

Thought we were going to get the four best teams in the country in the semis. Thought wrong.

Just got home from Ashton Gate. Hell of a performance and a thoroughly deserved win. Zlatan looked utterly disinterested, City were damned good value for the win. 

The best thing about the manager merry-go-round is during Moyes last game with Everton the West Ham fans were taunting them that Moyes was leaving, only for the Everton fans to taunt back saying they were stuck with Big Sam. Some four years later Moyes is at West Ham and Big Sam is at Everton. Football eh? 

• Paid Members

Chelsea were shit and really lucky tonight but watching Ampadu was a joy. He got booked within 2 minutes and had me worried, then didn't put a foot wrong the rest of the game. He was in the middle of the back three in the Christensen role, saw plenty of the ball and didn't look out of place at all, spraying great passes about, long and short. Crazy composure for a 17 year old in that position. Seeing him barking orders at Cahill was great too.

Hope that getting a big boy in the semis doesn't see him dropped, he's earned his place for this competition. And we shouldn't be taking any unnecessary risks on first team players in the domestic cups in the lead up to Barca anyway, for me.

Archived