General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

I'm wondering what club Brendan Rodgers would leave Celtic for. I was thinking Leicester may have been big enough, in terms of transfer funds etc.

He will only leave for a big team. He seems to be enjoying himself at the moment while winning trophies and being in Europe. Also he is popular with fans. Many luxuries most managers don't have. I am sure he is being paid well at Celtic too. At Celtic he probably controls the team, Leicester seem to be the opposite type of team. 

Rangets were winning 1 - 0 at home to Kilmarnock (managed by Steve Clarke) and Killie concede a penalty in the last few minutes , which Candeias misses. The game restarts and former Rangers winger Chris Burke equalises in the last minute. Pedro will be gone by the next game.

Missed opportunity for Spurs tonight. They need to be trying to win trophies with this squad and getting knocked out of cup competitions is only going to cost them in the long run. A trophy for Poch would do wonders for the club moving forward, league cup or not. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I guarantee you if we'd won the league cup everybody would say it's not enough and continue to sell our players for us. 

Exactly, who cares about this cup. Spurs will move on and focus on the three bigger competitions.

A cup that Juande Ramos once delivered to the club is certainly not going to quench the thirst of this impressive team, nor their fans. Nor should it. Winning it won't make an iota of difference to one of the big clubs.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

He will only leave for a big team. He seems to be enjoying himself at the moment while winning trophies and being in Europe. Also he is popular with fans. Many luxuries most managers don't have. I am sure he is being paid well at Celtic too. At Celtic he probably controls the team, Leicester seem to be the opposite type of team. 

I think as long as the SPL continues to be a one horse race he's set, but if Rangers were to get their shit together and start competing I could see the Celtic job becoming a more difficult prospect/

• Paid Members

Rangers will need a good five years after the clown they've got in just now is fucked off. Rodgers could be there for decades.

Rangers will never get back to what they used to be. We can all hope they can, but they just won't. Damaged goods all around, everybody has the air of shiftyness about them. You just need to treat Rangers like Motherwell (no offence) for the next ten years now and hope for the best.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I think as long as the SPL continues to be a one horse race he's set, but if Rangers were to get their shit together and start competing I could see the Celtic job becoming a more difficult prospect/

When will Rangers start competing? They seem like Celtic in the early/mid nineties, absolutely useless. I am sure Celtic will break the 9 titles on a trot record both they and Rangers currently hold, and see Scott Brown hitting 10 titles (even McCoist didn't manage that). Although all of Rangers spending was undisclosed, from what is understood they spent just as much if not more than Celtic. Some could come good like Morelos, but many of them just seem like a waste and players that have passed their peak. I bet they are paying his signings a decent amount too (even approaching 36 I bet Alves isn't cheap). Are they going to shoot their load again next summer, only so long you can keep spunking your money away. Even if not competing with Celtic they should be competing with Aberdeen.

Kris Boyd made a good point about the current Rangers team on Sunday, they got bullied, nobody used to bully Rangers, they wouldn't be able to and may be scared to try. This is true, Rangers name used to put fear into clubs, they no longer do.

Archived