General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

22 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Looking at the stats, Kane's probably the only currently active player with an imaginably good chance of breaking Shearer's Premiership record. Rooney and Defoe have very slim chances, but Kane's only 21 and already over 100 goals! Provided he stays healthy, he should be able to break 260.

Yeah except the fact he will probably leave for Madrid before he gets the chance!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Is it really so likely, though? I'm probably being ridiculously naïf in asking this, but hasn't Kane been pretty emphatic that Tottenham is where he wants to stay, as it's his boyhood club, etc.? I know that doesn't mean much these days, but for some reason I get the feeling he's being honest, or at least believes he's being honest, about that.

• Paid Members

With my Chelsea hat firmly off of my head; I think he'd be a complete idiot to stay at Spurs beyond this season unless they win the Premier League or Champions League. Maybe he does care that much about the club, but he'd be 25 at the end of the season and that gives him enough time on a standard 4 year contract to get two massive deals with time security before the end of his career, barring catastrophe. 

I can see Lukuku wanting to join a Madrid/Bayern more than Kane in a few years. But that would free up United to move in for Kane in which case Kane would comfortably beat Shearers record you would imagine, especially if United also take Deli Ali in a double deal. ;)

Sorry SpursRiot couldn't help myself.

21 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Fuck sake Ralphy, look what you've gone and done!

@ColinBollocks Ramsey has been superb recently to be fair and it's going to be interesting to see what Wenger does. At the moment, he's pretty much building the midfield around him- benching Ozil and having Elneny & Xhaka sit deep so Ramsey can play his Wales role. It's paying dividends at the moment.

And yes Giroud is handsome.

Watched the game on Monday night and thought Elneny looked pretty decent. He looks to have also beefed up a little bit so looks like a player in the mould of Petit/Song. Think he might be a surprise this season, seems a solid player. From what I can remember Ramsey/Xhaka had a solid end to last season didn't they in the new formation so do think if Arsenal keep the main players fit they can make top four and win a trophy.

Totally agree with SpursRiot, one year at the new stadium and he will be off regardless of success though, this day and age I cant see him staying beyond if he keeps scoring as he is now. All the big teams in Europe are going to come knocking especially if you consider Ronaldo's age in 2 years time. I also think its beneficial to England to have more of our top players playing abroad and it does not happen enough.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, stevieg1980 said:

the Cavani Neymar spat that's going on.

It's almost certainly a load of bollocks, isn't it? Yes, they argued over a penalty, but christ that happens all the time. Even Sterling and Aguero has a little disagreement recently over taking a penalty. Then all of a sudden after this happens, rumours are flying around (many of which from Barcelona-based SPORT, which is no coincidence) that there is a big falling out.

You hear about a divided squad and most of them taking Cavani's side, Cavani's supposed links with the Colombian cartels (!) forcing an apology from Neymar, Cavani being offered a £1m sweetener to let Neymar take pens- what a load of old shit. It's just the media drumming up bollocks, especially those that want PSG to fail because they'll probably get away with FFP.

As for Kane, can't see him breaking Shearer's record because La Liga goals don't count. And he must be good, because he's the only striker with a better goals per games ratio than the handsome Olivier Giroud last season.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Is it really so likely, though? I'm probably being ridiculously naïf in asking this, but hasn't Kane been pretty emphatic that Tottenham is where he wants to stay, as it's his boyhood club, etc.?

Sorry for the double post, but here's boyhood hero Harry Kane celebrating Spurs winning the 2004 Premier League title unbeaten :)

'HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN'

Harry-Kane-invincibles.jpg

Archived