General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Are Arsenal any good now? I keep hearing they look like a semi-organised team.

Too early to tell. Looked spirited yet worrying against Leicester, shit against Stoke, really shit against Liverpool, good against Bournemouth, solid against Chelsea and ok last night. I guess things are moving in the right direction.

Lacazette is looking good and bringing something different to the team, Kolasinac is proving to be a bloody good signing so far, Mustafi looks suspect, Sanchez hasn't hit his stride yet, Ramsey has been boss, Ozil is seemingly a squad player. As it stands I don't see us being good enough to finish in the top 4, but we could feasibly 'do a United' and win Europa if we take it seriously enough (we really should).

There is also a big question mark over our formation/system. We're starting games with three at the back, but when we're struggling we are often reverting to a back 4 during the game, which is understandable as it is what Wenger is familiar with. It wouldn't surprise me to see us abandon it completely at some point, although we lack the quality in midfield to revert back to a back 4.

• Paid Members

Fuck sake Ralphy, look what you've gone and done!

@ColinBollocks Ramsey has been superb recently to be fair and it's going to be interesting to see what Wenger does. At the moment, he's pretty much building the midfield around him- benching Ozil and having Elneny & Xhaka sit deep so Ramsey can play his Wales role. It's paying dividends at the moment.

And yes Giroud is handsome.

I think will have to see what happens in time as it's only been one game Ramsey has played in the role he plays for Wales, in the games against Bournemouth and Chelsea he was playing in center of midfield next to Xhaka, I expect Ramsey to drop back to that position for the game against Brighton and Ozil going back on the right off the forward three.

We got the job done last night, rode our luck a little in the first half, but looked much more better overall on the second half, Alexis looked more sharper, Lacazette in the right place at the right time, Monreal looking a lot better in a three man center back partnership when playing next to Kos and Mustafi.

What squad we go over to Bate with for the game on Thursday will be interesting as a long travel and we kick off early on the Sunday against Brighton. It's still early days in terms of the league and what will happen, but at least we have responded so far positively to the disgraceful showing we served up at Anfield.

• Paid Members

Really looking forward to the return of a big Champions League game for Chelsea tonight vs ATHLETICO, despite the fact that I think that we will lose.

Their defence has been miserly in the extreme over recent years, apparently 6 goals conceded at home in the CL since 2013, which is superb. Think we'll struggle to breach that and going 2-0 to the bad guys. Maybe 2-1 if Hazard starts.Ā 

• Paid Members

Probably, I just find it hard to hate Diego, total wanker that he is. This is a bloke who has asked to return to Spain every single window since we signed him, but just a stupid, lovable bastard nevertheless.Ā 

Kane was superb last night, he really is world class in my opinion, no debate about it. He'll be fantastic up top for Madrid next season.Ā 

I'd definitely be watching the Chelsea game tonight if it weren't for the PSG / Bayern game and the Cavani Neymar spat that's going on. Very interested to see how the pair of them play against a Bayern who have looked a little under par this year. Plus Ancelotti is returning to his old club with speculation he might not be in the Bayern job come Christmas.Ā 

• Paid Members

Looking at the stats, Kane's probably the only currently active player with an imaginably good chance of breaking Shearer's Premiership record. Rooney and Defoe have very slim chances, but Kane's only 21 and already over 100 goals! Provided he stays healthy, he should be able to break 260.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Looking at the stats, Kane's probably the only currently active player with an imaginably good chance of breaking Shearer's Premiership record. Rooney and Defoe have very slim chances, but Kane's only 21 and already over 100 goals! Provided he stays healthy, he should be able to break 260.

Hobson's choice that. On the bad side, have to see Kane's wacky face get the record, but on a positive note, get to see Alan Shearer crying on MOTD.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Kane isĀ 24 Not 21 and has only scored 82 PLĀ goals

He does haveĀ a great shot at breaking the record if he stays injury free butĀ I think there is one other player who has a better shot and thats Romelu Lukaku

He has more goals (91) then Kane all ready and is only 3 months olderĀ and less likely to move abroad at this time as well

Defoe is 100 goals behind Shearer and is 35 next month, unless he plays on till his 40's and still banging in 15 odd a season he has no chance at breaking the recordĀ Ā Ā 

Rooney I cant see getting another 60 either, Aguero if he was few years younger or hadĀ signed with City a few years before he did would have a shot but he would have to play well into his 30's and with Jesus taking away some of his game time and goals, and a move more likely the older he gets can't see him challenging Shearer eitherĀ 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Kane isĀ 24 Not 21 and has only scored 82 PLĀ goals

He does haveĀ a great shot at breaking the record if he stays injury free butĀ I think there is one other player who has a better shot and thats Romelu Lukaku

He has more goals (91) then Kane all ready and is only 3 months olderĀ and less likely to move abroad at this time as well

Defoe is 100 goals behind Shearer and is 35 next month, unless he plays on till his 40's and still banging in 15 odd a season he has no chance at breaking the recordĀ Ā Ā 

Rooney I cant see getting another 60 either, Aguero if he was few years younger or hadĀ signed with City a few years before he did would have a shot but he would have to play well into his 30's and with Jesus taking away some of his game time and goals, and a move more likely the older he gets can't see him challenging Shearer eitherĀ 

Oh, bloody hell. For some reason I thought he was 21. I see the 100+ was goals in total for Tottenham, not PL. Dang.

Yeah, I did say Defoe and Rooney having very slim chances, should've said "infinitesimal", really. It's still possible, just ridiculously unlikely.

Definitely right about Lukaku!Ā 

Archived