General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't think that applies anymore though. I'm sat watching United online now. It's an outdated piece of legislation that needs to be binned. It's idiotic that I can't, legally, watch all of United's matches when someone living in Buttfuck, TX can.

Good point. 

Next year could be a good test when the midweek Championship coverage starts. The midweek attendances have been in a slump for a little while, so will be interested in seeing how it effects them...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had exactly this argument with a rather prominent West Ham fan who agrees with you, DM. For me I probably wouldn't mind if it was on a team by team basis, say on MUTV or on each club's website, but the idea of it being put on Sky Sports or something makes me feel a bit uneasy. I fear it'd put off younger fans from attending non-league teams.

Incidentally, said Hammers fan, upon having this point made to him, replied that in that case maybe the clubs shouldn't continue to exist. Which I guess with the whole Olympic Stadium/Leyton Orient thing, shouldn't surprise me too much.

• Paid Members

Niasse is my new hero. My new Naisy.

Frozen out, not given a locker, told to train with the kids, essentially bullied by that Koeman swine and never once complained.  Sat with the fans at home and away games, showed incredible professionalism, resilience and positive defiance against your man, got a begrudging chance and shoved it right up Koemans bollocks. 

The man has warmed me heart. Raging I picked next week's game to go over to instead of this...

2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

I may have interpreted it wrong, but I was under the impression that it was illegal to show ANY football games between (i think) 2.45 and 5.25 on a Saturday so it won't effect the live attendances. Thats why other countries can see every game live, but we can't...

What I meant was that I think they will find a way to show more live matches, albeit via streaming so the likelihood is that it will either be mid week games or they will create new kick off times like a late kick off on a Sat night or always a mid-day kick off on a Sunday or continue with the Friday night football but make it more of a sure thing.

I bet the Premier League would love the league cup scrapped otherwise if they could they would have games on Thursdays as well, kind of like what they do in La Liga but would probably package it as Amazon Thursday Special.

5 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Niasse is my new hero. My new Naisy.

Frozen out, not given a locker, told to train with the kids, essentially bullied by that Koeman swine and never once complained.  Sat with the fans at home and away games, showed incredible professionalism, resilience and positive defiance against your man, got a begrudging chance and shoved it right up Koemans bollocks. 

The man has warmed me heart. Raging I picked next week's game to go over to instead of this...

Oumar is the hero we need but Koeman doesn't deserve, stupid Dutch Muppet didn't even put him in the Europa squad meaning he won't be able to terrorise Limassol on Thursday, so we'll probably lose

• Paid Members

I'm not feeling it at all either Baz, but I think a large part of that is the disillusion I'm currently feeling towards my club. If we didn't look as though we had given up before the season began then I'd probably feel different. But as I've said before, if it feels as though the board don't seem to care then it's hard not to feel the same.

Still, we're playing West Brom tonight. That should be fun. If fun were sitting in a room being made to count the cracks in the ceiling for 90 minutes...

• Paid Members

Hearing rumblings that Sunderland are close to going into administration. Surely this can't be true with Short owning the place, the parachute payments and the £30 million for Pickford coming in. Any Sunderland fans care to give an explanation of what the fucks going on up there? Sounds God awful and hope the club get through it.

Ralphy, are you Tesco bag wearing losers being put up for sale again too?

I am not a Sunderland fan but I have a few Mackem friends who have explained the situation to me. Basically they are financially fucked. Ellis Short took out a loan with a company called SBC and there is murmurings that they feel that their loan is at risk due to relegation and the poor start they have made in the Championship and will trigger the administration process. Sunderland currently owe £68M but some believe that total debts are nearer £140M with a hefty chunk owed to HMRC. So the Pickford deal was a drop in the ocean compared to the total outstanding debt. If I can find a full breakdown of the debt I will post it as soon as I find it. 

As well as that they have a few players who are on megabucks but they cannot shift as no one wants to pay the wages that they are currently paying. Fabio Borini, Jermain Lens, Didier N'Dong, and Papy Djilobodji to name a few. To put it into context next in comparison to the other relegated teams, Middlesbrough who are pretty much debt free spent £50M (Net spend of £11M) Hull, who have an owner who wants to sell spent £15M but did recoup £45M in player sales. Sunderland spent slightly over £1M on new signings. Simon Grayson has one hell of a firefighting job on his hands trying to keep the club in the division and if the impending administration does happen they will be playing League One next season. 

As a Middlesbrough fan who went through this turmoil back in the eighties I am feeling mixed emotions about this. I want to see them suffer a little bit but I do not want to see them slip through the abyss. It is important for the North East to have three competitive teams but the truth is mismanagement at boardroom level has fucked Sunderland and Newcastle for the last couple of decades. Both teams have the infrastructure to compete at the highest level in terms of facilities and fan base but always seem to attract crackpot owners which ends up being their undoing. Whilst the Boro will always naturally be a yo-yo club between Premier League and Championship, with the occasional cup run. 

• Paid Members

Uh oh, you''ll awaken the HRK Fan Club with that kind of talk!

Well, we won. It wasn't spectacular (we were playing against Pulis FC), but Monreal did a fantastic clearance and Lacazette grabbed another two goals. Pulis crying at the end was the icing on the cake. "I'm not going to talk about the ref" *proceeds to talk about the ref*

Shout out to Gareth Barry breaking the PL appearance record. I look forward to Sky's video tributes to his dazzling sideways passing and back four-covering.

Archived