General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• PowerButchi locked, unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If Sanchez (and Ozil) stays and signs a new deal on the basis that Wenger is here for another 2 years, then I'm on board. Our main priority above any managerial changes right now is that Sanchez stays. One shouldn't be dependent on the other, but if that is the case, then fine.

• Paid Members
Just now, mim731 said:

Unlikely that it bears any relation to the Wenger contract situation, but coincidentally Thomas Tuchel has been confirmed as leaving Dortmund, effective immediately. 

On his way to Hull.

Edit: Sorry, mixed up Hull and Leverkusen again.

• Paid Members

He's probably going to take over one of the biggest clubs in England- NAY- Europe: Wolves.

The Tuchel sacking was on the cards, apparently the relationship between him and the board had broken down to the extent that it became toxic. Spalletti has also left Roma. Some good coaches available all of a sudden.

EDIT: TWO MORE YEARS- announcement to be made tomorrow

• Paid Members

Do they now start trying to groom Wenger's replacement in these two years? On an unrelated note I see Hodgson has apparently thrown his hat into the ring for the Palace job.

• Paid Members

Happy Wenger is sticking around. Chuffed he won a cup at the end of the season as well. It's hard to win trophies in this country. There's been a monopoly on them for decades now it seems, with the odd one slipping through as a surprise. So good on him. Again, its been said before, the grass isnt always greener. Could easily see the next manager fucking up royally.

I dont think he should be getting the level of abuse he gets. He isnt David Moyes. He isnt Woy Hodgson. He's one of the most influencial managers this country has ever had. Every manager copied his techniques to training and diet. Seeing "Wenger Out" banners during an FA Cup final is pretty shitty behaviour.

Archived