Painful Sunday Memories

Gus Mears

On 5/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, Fox Piss said:

Live Serie A game on C4>Bath>Hearbeat>Londons Burning. 

The only positive was when i had the chance to look in a sky magazine and see 1.am WWF PPV. Then it was a case off my mum ringing every Tom,Dick and Harry to find somebody to record it.

That was a long bath. No wonder you hated Sundays

Maybe other lights are brighter
Than these streetlights row by row
All I know is, this is home it's
Where the heart is

Urgh, Where the heart is, and sundays always meant my nan would be round for the afternoon, which meant having to watch the bloody programme, Thomas Craig's horrible ginger ballbag face appearing out of nowhere as a stream train chugged over a viaduct. Disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZBwJmWm6M 

• Paid Members

You've all nailed it really, pretty much everything mentioned is churning my stomach now. 

Heartbeat Nd London's Burning being the two main culprits. If I was staying at my grans for the weekend you had some beauty Sat night TV, Gladiators and generation game providing that true weekend feeling. Then Sunday came, and if my dad was running late picking us up, we had songs of praise and the dread of school the next day kicked in.

It's no wonder kids aren't in to religion. 

• Paid Members

Sunday's would be spent round at my Gran's place. Sometimes with Sunday school beforehand. Bearing in mind she lived a 5-10 minute walk away in the same village, so it wasn't some grand adventure.

When we got there it would be alright, because I'd get given the latest copy of the Beano/Spider-Man/Sonic The Comic/Sega Power, and read my way through that, then lunch. But there was always a lull in the afternoon where I knew she would ask if I wanted anything else to eat at around 3pm, and fuck all doing before that. Sat on the sofa staring at a clock for half an hour counting down to when I could have some pickled onion Monster Munch.

• Paid Members

Playing board games listening to Bruno Brookes or Mark Goodier doing the top 40 on Radio 1, then a bath, then bed.

Archived