Holiday deals...?

Drfunke

• Paid Members

I would recommend the following https://tongiltours.com/6-day-classic-journey-north-korea-budget-tour-package-3/

Very good price for a 6 day tour of North Korea for all of the family. You even get "translators" who don't lead your side for the entire duration of your stay. What a bargain! You don't see that happening in Benidorm.

None of this Ryanair shite either, feel the ermined luxury of North Korea's only plane service (and in my opinion, the best).

They also provide a great opportunity for you to get your first taste of North Korea by flying with Air Koryo. Enter the plane and you are greeted with North Korean popular music, and read North Korean newspapers and magazines from the trolley. You can sample North Korean beers and soft drinks.

I snagged a 200 quid return direct flight Dublin- Boston with Norwegian Air for August, this week.  I'm sure the actual flight experience will be shite as Norwegian are apparently a long haul version of Ryanair, but fuck it. Less than half I paid for flights to NYC in February with Aer Lingus.

I've been to Florida with Norwegian Air twice and they're brilliant. Yeah, you have to pay extra for checked luggage and for on board meals like you do with people like EasyJet and Ryanair but apart from that it was great. All the planes are near enough brand new and has tons of movies and TV shows to watch.

6 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I've been to Florida with Norwegian Air twice and they're brilliant. Yeah, you have to pay extra for checked luggage and for on board meals like you do with people like EasyJet and Ryanair but apart from that it was great. All the planes are near enough brand new and has tons of movies and TV shows to watch.

Usually the planes are proper old as in like the equivilent of a car reading 400k on the clock but they are all done up inside.

That is apparently the case with Jet2 which is why they have some good deals this summer. We got 2 weeks in Cyprus which includes flights, car rental, accommodation which includes breakfast every day for about £600 each. I thought that was decent personally. 

Just now, Briefcase said:

Usually the planes are proper old as in like the equivalent of a car reading 400k on the clock but they are all done up inside.

Yeah, this basically @DCW. I flew to Boston from Gatwick in March with Norwegian and even economy class had good in-flight entertainment and a comfy enough seat (which contrasts well with my previous and more expensive transatlantic experience with Thomas Cook). To get a return ticket for £200 at the height of the summer holidays is a right steal!

• Paid Members

That's a question I need answered. Do the Thomson Dreamliners have in flight entertainment on every seat for transatlantic flights, does anyone know? Because when I checked in online it asked me if I wanted to upgrade my seat which would include in flight entertainment but I can't fathom even the shittest airline not having in flight entertainment on a flight that long? 

On Thomson long-haul flights you do get in-flight entertainment, but it is limited if you don't pay the upgrade. It is something like a 20 movie selection rather than 200.

If you have spare enough cash I would recommend going Premium Economy. For the upgrade you get a free bar, speedy check-in, extra legroom, additional & priority baggage, free entertainment and a comfort bag of toiletries/eye-mask/flight socks etc.

When I upgraded it worked out £120 each and it was well worth it.

Archived