Shit going down in Manchester.

stumobir

• Paid Members

Apparent explosion at an Ariana Grande concert with confirmed fatalities.

Everythings still a bit sketchy atm but videos show crowds panicking and fleeing.

Horrible stuff.

• Paid Members

Guy called in on the news saying he was knocked off his feet by it, doubt that a blown speaker would cause that. I'm hoping he's bullshitting and that it is some freak accident. Last thing this country needs right now is another terrorist attack.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Greater Manchester Police; according to Radio 5Live, are saying it is fatalities due to an explosion. That can be interpreted in a couple of ways.

Then don't interpret it and wait for the facts.

This escalated very quickly, fuck. About half an hour ago I saw reports on Twitter about a bang (but not necessarily an explosion) at the concert, with everyone evacuating in panic, but it didn't seem particularly major. Check the news now and the police confirm fatalities? Fuck. Thoughts to everyone affected. I hope there aren't many hurt.

There are reports of multiple casualties, but speculation doesn't help.  The hashtag #roomformanchester is being used if anyone can put someone up who may be stranded.  Also about 50 children have been taken to the Holiday Inn.

• Paid Members

The footage coming out is bizarre. The one on bbc news is from inside the arena and is a mix of people bolting for the doors and people calmly waiting complaining it was a balloon. 

Really not helping people reporting bombs and shooting on social media and creating hysteria. 

An actual fucking journalist is tweeting shit like this 

image.png

• Paid Members

12 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Guy called in on the news saying he was knocked off his feet by it, doubt that a blown speaker would cause that.

It's not necessarily the speaker itself, but the amp and the transformer that are powering it.

Because of the sheer number of bullshitters that have already jumped all over this on social media, I'm resigned to only accepting updates from GMP and a few other "official" sources on this.

• Paid Members

Been following it for an hour or so on the news, the lack of any solid proof that there was an actual explosion is very strange. 2 hours since the incident and no one really seems to know what happened.

The guy who phoned in and said he saw 30 bodies on the ground sounded like he was talking shit though, got the impression the BBC news guy didnt believe him either. 

Archived