Tape Trading Directory

Moo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Dynamite Kid Vs Tiger Mask from the early 80's ... for probably the 7th or 8th time ...

Fucking hell, the character of Dynamite Kid was evil as fuck in Japan; the fact he was so over has me slack-jawed. :) Great, great, great, superb, fantastic ... truly legendary.

When you read about this rivalry. It comes across as one of the greatest ever. However I've never been able to find video of these matches that isn't grainy and of poor audio quality. This spoils the experience for me. Is there a particular video source that I should be looking to get a hold of? Is there one that has an English commentary?

There's a mint 2-disc DVD set that pretty much covers the feud. Nothing on tube sites likely to equal it. Japanese commentary, naturally:

(17.08.79, Calgary): Dynamite Kid v Tatsumi Fujinami - j.i.p

(05.02.80): Dynamite Kid v Tatsumi Fujinami

(23.04.81): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(01.01.82): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(28.01.82): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(23.07.82): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(31.07.82): Dynamite Kid / Bret Hart / Greg Valentine v Tiger Mask / Tatsumi Fujinami / Kengo Kimura

(05.08.82): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(30.08.82): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(21.04.83): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask

(July ‘83; Calgary): Dynamite Kid v The Cobra - j.i.p

(03.02.84): Dynamite Kid v Davey Boy Smith

(07.20.84): Dynamite Kid v The Cobra

(27.11.85): Dynamite Kid v Tiger Mask II

I enjoyed his late 80s / early 90s All Japan run too. Nothing near in terms of match quality. He just looked a very pissed off, bad man by that point.

Anybody got the above DVD

Thanks

Dynamite Kid Vs Tiger Mask from the early 80's ... for probably the 7th or 8th time ...

Fucking hell, the character of Dynamite Kid was evil as fuck in Japan; the fact he was so over has me slack-jawed. :) Great, great, great, superb, fantastic ... truly legendary.

When you read about this rivalry. It comes across as one of the greatest ever. However I've never been able to find video of these matches that isn't grainy and of poor audio quality. This spoils the experience for me. Is there a particular video source that I should be looking to get a hold of? Is there one that has an English commentary?
There's a mint 2-disc DVD set that pretty much covers the feud. Nothing on tube sites likely to equal it. Japanese commentary, naturally:

(31.07.82): Dynamite Kid / Bret Hart / Greg Valentine v Tiger Mask / Tatsumi Fujinami / Kengo Kimura

I enjoyed his late 80s / early 90s All Japan run too. Nothing near in terms of match quality. He just looked a very pissed off, bad man by that point.

Thanks

I have it. You can get it from slambamjam & probably others too.

• Paid Members

Thanks

I have it. You can get it from slambamjam & probably others too.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately not.

Thanks, thats a shame. Everyone I dealt with on that board was great and very helpful. I'm guessing the WWE Network with library available had a part to play in the downfall.

I think the site was hacked for a second time and Dave just couldn't rebuild the site again.

• 4 weeks later...