GLOW

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, WWFChilli said:

GLOW is fucking ace. Rotten in the ring, but I think it's genuinely fun in a mad way. The Housewives are super fun. I love the sheer gall of calling a character Palastina too.

The documentary is well worth a punt.

AWA Superclash 3 is on the Network, and features a Battle Royal of all the stars of "POWW", David McLane's follow-up to GLOW. It's hyped up to an absurd degree through the whole show, and it's abysmal. By this point, Palestina is simply known as "The Terrorist" or "The Syrian Terrorist".

Bloody hell, according to Wiki, David McLane was still at it with "Women Of Wrestling" up to last year at least.

Edited by BomberPat

Although all exposure is good, I do worry this will make Womens Wrestling some 'hipster thing' (more so than it already is). 

I'm trying to be positive because i think it will be an excellent series but I worry it will be a 'more harm than good' situation for wrestling.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Although all exposure is good, I do worry this will make Womens Wrestling some 'hipster thing' (more so than it already is). 

I'm trying to be positive because i think it will be an excellent series but I worry it will be a 'more harm than good' situation for wrestling.

I can only see it as a positive. I don't think it will make Women's wrestling that much more popular. But to be honest, anyone interested in this may be inclined to check out wrestling products. My wife is interested in this show but won't normally watch wrestling with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I watched the 1st episode of GLOW from 1986 and it was hilarious. If they did that style show today but with people who could wrestle it would be great. In some matches they put moves on slomo 300 style and it is just silly as hell. I wonder how much research into this tv show there was done to show how training, rehearsals and production was run.

9 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I watched the 1st episode of GLOW from 1986 and it was hilarious. If they did that style show today but with people who could wrestle it would be great. In some matches they put moves on slomo 300 style and it is just silly as hell. I wonder how much research into this tv show there was done to show how training, rehearsals and production was run.

They actually kinda already have...about 6/7 years ago a US Lotto winner started his own womens promotion which was essentially a love letter to GLOW called Wrestlicious. It got panned and only lasted one season.

Blue pants, Lacey Von Erich, Amber O' Neal amongst the roster. Jimmy Hart had a role in it somewhere also.

In terms of training for Netflix GLOW, Chavo trained all the women up and was on set at all time for advice, there are a few behind the scenes features kicking around online where you can see them do training, it looks all very well done.

• Paid Members

I think so. Definitely wasn't WWF Flair on the entrance.

Two episodes in, and really enjoying it. Also, as a nice little Easter egg, on the walls in the gym just out of focus you can see 'Chavo's' on the wall. Given he trained them I wonder whether it's legit his school they filmed in, or if it's just a nod to Chavo?

• Paid Members
On 22/06/2017 at 7:32 AM, theringmaster said:

They actually kinda already have...about 6/7 years ago a US Lotto winner started his own womens promotion which was essentially a love letter to GLOW called Wrestlicious. It got panned and only lasted one season.

Blue pants, Lacey Von Erich, Amber O' Neal amongst the roster. Jimmy Hart had a role in it somewhere also.

In terms of training for Netflix GLOW, Chavo trained all the women up and was on set at all time for advice, there are a few behind the scenes features kicking around online where you can see them do training, it looks all very well done.

any excuse to call post this. WRESTLICIOUS BABY, YEAH!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

I think so. Definitely wasn't WWF Flair on the entrance.

Two episodes in, and really enjoying it. Also, as a nice little Easter egg, on the walls in the gym just out of focus you can see 'Chavo's' on the wall. Given he trained them I wonder whether it's legit his school they filmed in, or if it's just a nod to Chavo?

I imagine a nod. TV and movie makers do that kind of thing.