GLOW

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Netflix released a trailer the other day for their new series based on the GLOW promotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqDO6cTYVY

I don't understand why the link won't embed but you'll have to click to watch it.

So, with this new series in mind, did anybody ever watch the original GLOW? Or know anything about it? I've got only the vaguest awareness. Will you be watching this new series?

(and if anyone wants to teach me how to embed videos please do!)

• Paid Members

Having listened to Marc Maron discussing it with Adam Buxton recently all I know is that none of the names will be used as they only got the licence to the name GLOW and not any of the people associated so it will be all new characters. 

• Paid Members

Saw a bit of Glow in the late 80's on some tapes I traded.  Matches were mostly "diva" style, and the sketches and acting was dreadful, but it was quite engaging in its own way.

• Paid Members

GLOW is fucking ace. Rotten in the ring, but I think it's genuinely fun in a mad way. The Housewives are super fun. I love the sheer gall of calling a character Palastina too.

The documentary is well worth a punt.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Saw a bit of Glow in the late 80's on some tapes I traded.  Matches were mostly "diva" style, and the sketches and acting was dreadful, but it was quite engaging in its own way.

Yeah, it was super weird. It was matches, then it was comedy sketches in between with canned laughter. Very 80s. Can't see it working now.

Documentary about GLOW was quite emotional I thought when they all met up again. I saw it years ago on Netflix. Definately worth a watch.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Awards Moderator

I remember watching it on Sky Lifestyle in 1990. The main angle I remember is a Klondyke Kate alike being hypnotised by a character's magic bone. No, really. 

It was fun. 

• Paid Members

How much of a part did Ivory play in GLOW back in the day? I noticed on Wiki she was Tina Ferrari. Did she start out in this, and then took to wrestling because of her stint in GLOW? From what I can see, only a few of them made the transition to other wrestling promotions (regularly, at least) afterwards.