Your favourite 3 midcarders 4 life

tiger_rick

Disco Inferno - One of the best to ever play the (disco dancing) fool, he knew his role, his character and could sell his arse off when needed while also being a very underrated worker. He also went to the Buff Bagwell and Konnan school of keeping your face on TV whenever the bigger boys of the NWO/Wolfpack were cutting their promos which is such a good little tactic. Plus he's still one of the most entertaining guys around even outside the ring, every podcast he's on is made better with his presence. Bill Ding, Alien Invasions and the Invisible Man.

X-Pac and Owen would have been my other choices and a fair few others already mentioned would have been my back-ups..

1. Billy Gunn - not many people would agree with me but i loved his Mr Ass gimmick, his The One Billy Gunn gimmick, and his whole run with DX / New Age Outlaws. His matches were always decent, he had a big size, great stamnia and just generally was cool as hell. And there were times where he'd look like he could be a contender for the top dogs. Royal Rumble 2001 for example, he had his run in and looked ready to take on the top dogs, Austin, Taker, Kane, Rock etc.

2. Ken Shamrock - I'll always have a soft spot for Shamrock. He was cool as hell from the moment he came in and was just great. His feud with Steve Blackman was one of my favoruite feuds ever. Two skilled dudes who couldn't stop tearing the shit outta eachother. Fantastic.

3. MVP - I loved his gimmick, the entrance, the gear he wore, he had charisma, had swagger. Always kept me interested in the hopes of him eventually making it to the top, but sadly it never happened. 

• Paid Members

Kid is the winner on account of being brilliant. Depending on what you wanted he was the most sympathetic underdog imaginable or the most obnoxious little shit you ever saw.

Perfect is also a good shout, by comparison to the beige era we're suffering through today where Dolph has been on the show nearly ten years, his big run was relatively short. In that time however he was a superb heel, quintessential I Champ for your favourite non Hogan/Warrior faces to chase, and I always think his babyface run could have been bigger.

I can't not say Smithers for the final pick. It was him and Bret that truly sparked my interest although it was Hitman rather than him that became my first favourite, but Davey Boy had his fair share of good matches and great moments. Wembley, Berlin, being bizarre, Canadian Stampede, breaking my heart at One Night Only, WHURR'S MY TITLE SHOT? Lovable oaf.

1. William Regal: His in ring style never suited WWE and his best years were behind him when he got there anyway, but his promos and general comedic acting abilities more than made up for it.

2. Test: I always loved me a bit of Test. One of my boys, in OSW speak. Big boot was a cracking finish, his elbow drop was good value too. They missed the boat with him a few times, but I thought his immunity from being fired for a year storyline was squandered. He could have got up to all sorts, especially with the brand split in early 2002. I even loved roided to the gills WWECW Test in 06 or 07.

3.Eugene: Loved Eugene's first year or so in WWE. Great storyline with Regal and Triple H. Plus, he turned out not nearly as offensive as WWE could have made his character.

I'll go with

1. Razor Ramon 

How he never held a world belt I will never know.

2. Mr Perfect 

His matches were always solid. I know he won the AWA title but for this list I'll ignore that.

3. X-Pac 

As others have already posted he pretty much sums up mid card to me. Solid worker and always seemed to be entertaining.

Honourable mentions to DLO Brown, Billy Gunn, Ken Shamrock, Honkytonk Man, Jake Roberts and Raven.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Cat crater said:

Eugene, mid-carder? Eh?

What would you call him? He won the tag belts and he got to work on TV with Triple H and Kurt Angle.

Archived