Is it different for kids who are wrestling fans nowadays?

Maikeru

In the last 6 months I have attended a few family friendly show, and the kids are still into wrestling. We look at wrestling from when we are kids, but when we were kids the grown ups where falling away from it. Now we are older we feel more jaded and seen it all, it doesn't mean the kids are the same. Wrestling when we were kids was just as bewildering and nonsensical, but when you are a kid you don't care about that as its all fun. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

13 years isnt a lifer. See how you feel about it in another 15-20. Wrestling hasnt really gone through a great deal of changes in the last 13 years, where as when i started watching WWF in 87 and others on here in the late 80's or early 90's have seen a lot of changes which they dont think are for the better.

I think this is a good point, however it is strange that between 1990 and 2000 every 2-4 years, but since around 2005 the product is very samey. Part of that will be because there is no other big wrestling company on tv who they had to compete with, many if not most of the indy fans will still watch WWE. 

I have watched wrestling since around 1990 and have seen myself become jaded, get back into into it and then so on. 

Archived