Sign in to follow this  
IANdrewDiceClay

Billy Corgan buys the NWA

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Look up your kids,  Dan Maff is coming to town. Is this why Homicide isn't around?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they sorted out their differences.

One thing that surprised me was that despite being the frontman for a world-famous rock band for the better part of 30 years, Billy Corgan had absolutely zero confidence or ability when it came to talking. It was like he was a kid that had won a competition and then not briefed before going out.

Frontman of a self-loathing grunge band. It's not like he was in Poison. I'd expect most grunge artists to have issues talking on the phone. 

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

I'd expect most grunge artists to have issues talking on the phone. 

In fairness, that's because most of them are dead.

Really interesting interview with the  Villain Marty Scurll  with Stu Bennett. Marty talks about how he got into wrestling and what is next for him in NWA. The Brits are taking over pro wrestling.

Edited by scouseman

Are NWA PPV spoilers OK in here? I’ll play it safe and not give anything away other than the fact that was one hell of a show. I had so much fun watching that, and the women’s match ended up being a bit of a surprise show-stealer for me. 

If you were on the fence about this I’d highly encourage you to give it a go. Tremendous fun.

I enjoyed it and it's my birthday 🙂

Totally agree about the women's match. Both ladies put on a great effort. I was a bit disappointed about 1 person but it was a good event. I've now got 17$ Fite Credit so the next ppv won't cost me anything. They've got a good 10 weeks to build to the next event too. 

Worth paying for, every match was entertaining at worst. Murdoch and Maff knocking shit out of each other was ace, as was keeping Question Mark strong. Thunder Rosa and Alison Kay put on MOTN in a nice surprise.

Only thing I wasn’t a fan of was having face vs face too much in the tourney. I wanted Murdoch or Storm to win but they both ended up against Starks who I didn’t mind winning either. Should have had a ROH guy or heel make it to the final.

I can't believe that there's only been 3 posts so far. I just want to add that I quite like David Marquez and love how he announces Thunder Rosa.

23 minutes ago, Angle_fan said:

I can't believe that there's only been 3 posts so far. I just want to add that I quite like David Marquez and love how he announces Thunder Rosa.

There have been more posts for Friday’s Smackdown, amazingly. Get your priorities in order, guys! 

34 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Shame about Stu Bennett, unless they're going to a three or he's taking over from Galli. 

I don't think Stu Bennett has been replaced. He is an addition to the broadcast team.