NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It was a solid PPV.

Whilst I appreciate what NWA is in regards to its presentation, I felt it missed a bit of fanfare and visuals. I don’t mean it required WWE levels of effects, but it didn’t have anything. I would have liked a bit more differentiation from Powerrr, but it looked exactly the same.

Wrestling wise, spot on. Everyone put on their dinner jackets and got to work. Everything was timed nicely, it flowed well with some good quality wrestling, fun reveals and a lack of racism. Well done.

Bennett did well on commentary for his 1st gig. Surely a matter of time before he gets in the ring? It would suit him to a T.

Having another PPV in January is daft. They should maybe look at 4 a year to space them out, with a new Powerrr series nestled nicely in between each PPV.

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I felt it missed a bit of fanfare and visuals. I don’t mean it required WWE levels of effects, but it didn’t have anything. I would have liked a bit more differentiation from Powerrr, but it looked exactly the same.

Agree with this.  If possible, they should hold the PPVs in different arenas.  The TV set works for the TV format they are using, but PPV needs to feel more special, and just having entrance music isn't enough.

Good PPV, as everyone's said.  The Rock n Roll Express really are marvels - a Ricky Morton Canadian Destroyer!

Just finished with Episode one of Season 2 of NWA Powerrr.

Flows nicely from the pay per view. The wrestlers and crowd still seem to be all having fun, and so did I as the viewer.

It looks like some of the rough edges from the tail end of Season 1 are gone and it set the scene for what should be an entertaining and intriguing Season and Pay Per View on Jan 24th (which is thankfully named during the episode, and takes its inspiration from one of the most famous promos of all time 😉).

As a “but surely you of all people must be offended” person, I do not object to Jim Cornette and would have continued watching if the latest hoo ha had fallen away and he had remained. However, I’m more invested and engaged with the NWA and its success (for a number of reasons) so I’m glad a stick to beat it with has been taken away.

Plus Stu Bennett is a very good replacement. 

• Paid Members

I'm enjoying Bennett on commentary. The show's a lot better produced than the last ones were. They're definitely blazing through PPVs, but they're more like season finales with the way the show and tapings are structured.

I marked out a little when CW Anderson turned up. I was saddened to hear Nikita Koloff not using his gimmick voice.

Looks like an interesting few weeks.

• Paid Members

Great episode I thought. Nikita Koloff got a huge pop from me, as did CW Anderson to a lesser extent.

Would love a Tim Storm vs Aldis Final in the TV Title tournament. What a story they can tell with that.

The forming of Aldis’ stable with the Kamille/Latimer reveal really injected life back into that whole story, which got a bit messy before.

The Dawsons have really grown on me. They’re thickos and wrestling needs more of them. Big dozy heels just being arse holes.

Bennett is doing well, don’t miss Cornette at all. 

Watching with my wife working in the background and her shaking her head every time I went “KA-RA-TAAAAAY” along with Question Mark was a laugh too. If I hinted strong enough I should expect a Waffles and Tire Irons shirt under the tree next week.

NWA is full of big, beefy bastards isn't it?  Tim Storm, James Storm, Tom Latimer, Aldis.. then you add in the fatties like Jocephus, The Dawsons, Murdoch, it's all proper heavyweight wrestling and I love it.  You'd fancy these fellas to go up against the Undisputed Era, Johnny Wrestling and Balor in a bar fight, let alone the AEW short stacks.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

NWA is full of big, beefy bastards isn't it?  Tim Storm, James Storm, Tom Latimer, Aldis.. then you add in the fatties like Jocephus, The Dawsons, Murdoch, it's all proper heavyweight wrestling and I love it.  You'd fancy these fellas to go up against the Undisputed Era, Johnny Wrestling and Balor in a bar fight, let alone the AEW short stacks.

I'd honestly put Murdoch alone up against anyone in AEW. 

Another thing I loved is how Jocephus came out as Santa and despite clearly being Question Mark, not a single person in the audience gave it away or tried to get over. They just treated him like a completely different person.