NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Bit of a shame that RetroMania game has been in development so long before this show came along. NWA would have been a great branding collaboration for the game, if it could have just been the official NWA Powerrr game, with the proper studio set and all the characters. Maybe the next installment? 

https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/latest-news/national-wrestling-alliance-and-nwa-champion-nick-aldis-coming-to-retromania-wrestling

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

I knew about the collaboration, what I meant was it would have been cool if NWA wasn't tagging onto a game already well under production and it was just a straight up NWA game with the full roster. Nice to see they have got the studio though, I didn't know about that.

As it is, the roster on the game will still be very disappointing to most fans. 

• Paid Members

Given the size of the current TV roster as yet, I don't think there'd be enough to make it a pure NWA game - you'd have to have either a load of made-up characters, or a collab with a few promotions, which presents the additional problem that all the collaborators would have to be indy promotions, whose rosters tend to overlap with each other a fair bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Cant believe the UKFF missed my twitter trending Phil Mitchell/Excalibur prank, which Cornette believed.

I saw it! Between that and getting sacked he had a rough week.

• Paid Members

He dealt with it on his podcast with about as much class and taste as I imagined he wouldn't as well. He shouldn't have said it, but at the same time  they've had how long to edit it from the tapings? Who are they going to get in for colour commentary now?

• Paid Members

I can appreciate fully that what he did was wrong and it was not feasible for him to continue. He should know better tbh and seems to think that the fact he's a Democrat and hates Trump and guns to be some kind of defence against everything.

That said, he will be a massive loss to the product as I enjoyed his commentary and loved having him as a voice on the broadcasts that was a genuine carry over from the original NWA. He was a huge contributing factor as to why I enjoyed the show so much and, at this stage, can't see anyone filling his role and all the criteria he brought to the table. 

Edited by garynysmon

Just now, The King Of Swing said:

That hanger on of his (Brian?) can fuck off as well.

I used to like him in the early days of the 6:05 podcast, then his ego grew as it gained popularity and he's become flat out unbearable since being Cornette's "yes man".  Is a right obnoxious prick on Twitter too who really seems to think he's something special.

• Paid Members

I know that Corgan was trying to recreate an authentic 80's studio wrasslin' show, just a shame that Cornette had to go that little bit too authentic. And it's a line that was badly dated anyway - had he mentioned some other food than fried chicken, I doubt he'd be gone.