NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm assuming you're referring to his TNA work, which I haven't seen. If he's come to NWA and immediately shown an improvement, wouldn't that improvement suggest his previous shitness wasn't all his own doing? I mean, it is TNA after all.

Yeah, I'm prepared to give him that. I've even given him a back-handed compliment- he's not as bad as Aldis.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Yeah, I'm prepared to give him that. I've even given him a back-handed compliment- he's not as bad as Aldis.

To be honest, Aldis did well here in the ring and on the mic but I get the impression that once they get the belt off him they'll quietly shove him out of the picture and concentrate on someone a lot more dynamic.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

To be honest, Aldis did well here in the ring and on the mic but I get the impression that once they get the belt off him they'll quietly shove him out of the picture and concentrate on someone a lot more dynamic.

Match was enjoyable. Promo wasn't at all for me. His act lacks any authenticity. I think they've done a great job of avoiding turning this into a tribute show. Except him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Match was enjoyable. Promo wasn't at all for me. His act lacks any authenticity. I think they've done a great job of avoiding turning this into a tribute show. Except him.

I’m intrigued by his “reputable champion but also I’m clearly controlling and abusing my manager”. I think it has legs if they play it right and sadly is all too relatable to former wrestling champions.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:22 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Wasn’t Eli Drake doing a Rock impression in TNA?

This was my first time seeing him and I thought his cadence and mannerisms were very Rock-lite.

Having said that I really enjoyed this show, and it was strangely refreshing to see a grizzled old bastard like Tim Storm as a key character. 

Nick Aldis doesn’t seem to be everyone’s cup of tea, but I have to say, I genuinely like him. He’s impressive on the mic and the (admittedly limited number of) matches I’ve seen of his have been very entertaining.

I was curious as to what the atmosphere would be like in a studio setting but the crowd were so into what was going on it felt like a hot, lively show.

Overall, good fun. I’m not sure I feel the need to watch it weekly but I’ll certainly keep tabs on what’s going on.

I’m guessing this concept might be foreign for newer fans. That said, I fail to see how you couldn’t fall in love with this show unless you genuinely don’t enjoy the set up or the wrestlers.

It was a pretty perfect hour of wrasslin’. The promo/squash/promo/competitive main is still a winning formula and actually exciting to see again. Commentary was tremendous and that crowd was terrific, reacting exactly like an old NWA studio crowd (‘tell em’ Nick’) and not the smug self-satisfied rabble today’s shows suffer with.

Everyone got over, Drake v Connelly was a great little tv match and the main was bags of fun. Aldis is unspectacular but is a perfect champion. Carries himself, great promos and knows exactly how to lay his matches out to maximum effect. You can do one million spots, but if you don’t know where to edit and emphasise you’re pissing in the wind.

If they do a little Memphis studio carnage as the weeks go by this could become something really special that a lot more people are going to want to be a part of. I’ve got my fingers crossed for them.

• Paid Members

What is the plan for this show? Do they have regularly scheduled tapings or should we just expect a limited run?

I'd love it to run continuously, but I'd worry about the depth of the roster they're currently working with, which makes me wonder... Who else is available who would be a good fit for this style and not currently contracted somewhere else? 

• Paid Members

I could see Sinn Bohdi and/or Crazzy Steve fitting in well, proper studio wrestling needs a weirdo/monster/'horror' gimmick or two.

I'll always bang the drum for Markus Burke at times like this too. Great grizzled look & old school style, good talker too from what I've seen.

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What is the plan for this show? Do they have regularly scheduled tapings or should we just expect a limited run?

In the press announcement, Corgan laid this out as being a pilot series which he can use to potentially sell as a series. He admits that YouTube and Facebook cannot be viable long term. 

Lagana has an interview with John Pollock which will uploaded to Post Wrestling later today but it has already been revealed that WWE have spoken with them. 

If that goes further, it'd be an interesting attempt at encouraging fans to watch new network content that have no interest in 205 or NXT UK. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Sexy Dad said:

In the press announcement, Corgan laid this out as being a pilot series which he can use to potentially sell as a series. He admits that YouTube and Facebook cannot be viable long term. 

Lagana has an interview with John Pollock which will uploaded to Post Wrestling later today but it has already been revealed that WWE have spoken with them. 

If that goes further, it'd be an interesting attempt at encouraging fans to watch new network content that have no interest in 205 or NXT UK. 

Ordinarily I'd see this as a negative. But thinking about it, the WWE owns all the WCW trademarks and still has a number of NWA/WCW alumni under contract or legends deals.

I could see how this could be beneficial but I don't trust the WWE to leave anything they are closely associated with enough autonomy to not come across as a Kevin Dunn/WWE production.