NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Loki said:

That's a good question actually - what big shows ARE they building towards with this weekly?

Tim Storm is amazing incidentally, I was genuinely gutted for him when he lost.

They told a great story, but also set things up going forward. The commentary enhanced it all as well, like it'd supposed to do. I enjoyed the Drake match as well, because it wasn't your traditional squash. Arn Anderson did that a lot on the old NWA TV show as well. He'd give the enhancement guy a little chance to shine. That's the sign of a good pro, where they'll even let the jobbers look reasonably good in losing. 

This was also my first view of Eli Drake and he impressed me.

I also like that finishers matter.  Drake was having a little  trouble but then boom.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I'm aware that Eli Drake is an in-real-life massive turd but I think this was probably the only time I've seen him on a wrestling show and he was really good. I could do with him Stone Colding down a notch or two but I enjoyed his promo and match.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

He was far less shit than in TNA. Fucking hell, if Billy Corgan can make something of Eli Drake, give him Andre The Giant's HOF spot and Vince McMahon's bank account.

Lots of talented people have not fulfilled their potential, or been shit, in TNA. 

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm aware that Eli Drake is an in-real-life massive turd but I think this was probably the only time I've seen him on a wrestling show and he was really good. I could do with him Stone Colding down a notch or two but I enjoyed his promo and match.

No offence to you, but the worst thing from this forum is people banging on about how wrestlers are in real life, eg: they’re a trump fan, or mention other political beliefs. It really ruins it for people like myself as someone who doesnt do any social media outlets and literally only look at this as his wrestling news. I think Bomber Pat mentioned something about Swagger, someone even mentioned something about Randy Ortons mum or wife. To me its just ludicrous. Just let us enjoy watching fake fighting without dragging into politics. Theres enough of that shit on the tele. Wrestling should be escapism.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

No offence to you, but the worst thing from this forum is people banging on about how wrestlers are in real life, eg: they’re a trump fan, or mention other political beliefs. It really ruins it for people like myself as someone who doesnt do any social media outlets and literally only look at this as his wrestling news. I think Bomber Pat mentioned something about Swagger, someone even mentioned something about Randy Ortons mum or wife. To me its just ludicrous. Just let us enjoy watching fake fighting without dragging into politics. Theres enough of that shit on the tele. Wrestling should be escapism.

You make a reasonable point. I guess the only reason I made that point about Drake is because my perception (maybe wrongly) of the negative opinion of him is that largely comes from him being an "in-real-life twat", but that he showed a palatable wrestling persona off here.

Some people can't separate the art from the artist. I personally can, you obviously can, but some people can't. It's a complicated subject that people regularly struggle to even agree to disagree on, but I get what you're saying.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You make a reasonable point. I guess the only reason I made that point about Drake is because my perception (maybe wrongly) of the negative opinion of him is that largely comes from him being an "in-real-life twat", but that he showed a palatable wrestling persona off here.

No, it's definitely because he's been a shitarse worker with faux charisma doing a crap impersonation of The Rock.

Personally, I probably wouldn't know if a wrestler was a twat in real life because I don't follow any of them. Separating life from art isn't always a good thing though. That's were you get idiots who want Benoit in the hall of fame from.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

No, it's definitely because he's been a shitarse worker with faux charisma doing a crap impersonation of The Rock.

I'm assuming you're referring to his TNA work, which I haven't seen. If he's come to NWA and immediately shown an improvement, wouldn't that improvement suggest his previous shitness wasn't all his own doing? I mean, it is TNA after all.