NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Austin Idol is absolute quality. We had to edit a fair bit of our interview with him as it was close to 3 hours at one point. 

He has been sorely overlooked as an all time great in wrestling, I truly believe that. I appreciate he partially retired for almost the entirety of the 90’s, so didn’t benefit from that time frame but yeah, underrated and not talked about to the same degree as some of his peers.

I hope this gives him a bit of positive spotlight and recognition, especially to those who only ever knew WWF/WCW.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Did anyone else think Eli Drake was doing a young Steve Austin rip off? I cant unsee it.

Yeah, he’s pretty much always been attempting a Stunning Steve rip-off as far as I can recall.

Loved that show. A total love letter to the ‘original’, but really well delivered. Can’t wait for next week.

• Paid Members

Had no idea this show was happening, it was only through noticing this thread blowing up that I found out about it. I'm glad I did!

Like everyone else here, I really enjoyed it. It's such a welcome change of pace. I especially liked seeing a show full of wrestlers that actually look like they could beat me up. The promos throughout the show were mostly very good and the commentary was excellent throughout.

The way they presented the Tim Storm story was excellent. What a likeable character.

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Had no idea this show was happening, it was only through noticing this thread blowing up that I found out about it. I'm glad I did!

Like everyone else here, I really enjoyed it. It's such a welcome change of pace. I especially liked seeing a show full of wrestlers that actually look like they could beat me up. The promos throughout the show were mostly very good and the commentary was excellent throughout.

The way they presented the Tim Storm story was excellent. What a likeable character.

Yes. I want Storm to be my grandad ha 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Squash matches won't cut it for me if they want to keep mee interested weekly. Needed alot better than that. 

You can watch meaningless ten minute matches on any other wrestling show. The squash matches here are perfect. They establish the people they need people to care about from the rest of the crowd, many of whom are new to the audience. 

They also keep a show moving at a pace and allow it to showcase far more people than three long matches would.

Its not just about parodying and old school set, old school booking suggests you don't give everything away on TV for free. It's about the journey and the destination. 

• Paid Members

Honestly can’t get over this show. I can’t even focus on AEW tonight because I want the next episode of this. Had the wife say “it’s nice to see you excited about wrestling again because you usually just slag off how bad it is”.

• Awards Moderator

Only watched the first half of the episode but I love the feel and presentation of it already.

I know that for years people have said “if you don’t like what WWE are doing, there’s loads of other wrestling out there”, but if I’m honest, I’ve never bothered to seek much out because I don’t want to subscribe or shell out for something I may not like. But what’s happening right now is different and so exciting. Don’t like WWE right now? You’ve got AEW Dynamite on ITV Hub, for free, or AEW Dark on YouTube, again for free. AEW not for you? You’ve got this treat of a show in NWA Power Hour, and it’s also free on YouTube!

It feels like a genuinely exciting time to be a wrestling fan. If NXT starts to lose my interest I can see myself cancelling the Network and making AEW and NWA my weekly viewing.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Only watched the first half of the episode but I love the feel and presentation of it already.

I know that for years people have said “if you don’t like what WWE are doing, there’s loads of other wrestling out there”, but if I’m honest, I’ve never bothered to seek much out because I don’t want to subscribe or shell out for something I may not like. But what’s happening right now is different and so exciting. Don’t like WWE right now? You’ve got AEW Dynamite on ITV Hub, for free, or AEW Dark on YouTube, again for free. AEW not for you? You’ve got this treat of a show in NWA Power Hour, and it’s also free on YouTube!

It feels like a genuinely exciting time to be a wrestling fan. If NXT starts to lose my interest I can see myself cancelling the Network and making AEW and NWA my weekly viewing.

To add to that, you can also watch MLW's weekly TV show on the free-to-air channel FreeSports (available on Freeview, Sky, Virgin, BT etc). It currently airs on Monday nights I think.

An exciting first episode. I really do think an hour is the perfect length for a wrestling tv show and the format meant it flew by. It actually feels very lucha underground. 

It also feels like an actual alternative. All due respect to AEW, and there's obviously no way this model will have anywhere near the financial success or cultural impact they will, but they don't feel that different from the WWE. NWA Powerrr feels different in almost every way.

Tim Storm is an absolute revelation isn't he? In a world where everyone uses the same wrestlers before they go to the Entertainment (or AEW now) it's so exciting to see that they've committed to showing someone different. 

It'll be interesting to see how they introduce the women's division as this show felt very "testosterone" driven and there was a promo listing their champions that missed that particular title. 

5 hours ago, Vamp said:

It'll be interesting to see how they introduce the women's division as this show felt very "testosterone" driven and there was a promo listing their champions that missed that particular title. 

I'm sure the promo by Aldis at the beginning listing their champions, included the Women's champion.