NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Brilliant. I was hoping for something like this and they delivered. They’ve got my time every week. 

We’ll see how quickly the ‘real men’ verbiage lasts until it wears a bit thin, other than that, absolutely great presentation & Wrestling.

Those brooch / lapels look amazing on those suit jackets.

5CFF4575-28C9-4A99-9A4F-6B22737B903A.png

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

5 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Brilliant. I was hoping for something like this and they delivered. They’ve got my time every week. 

We’ll see how quickly the ‘real men’ verbiage lasts until it wears a bit thin, other than that, absolutely great presentation & Wrestling.

Those brooch / lapels look amazing on those suit jackets.

5CFF4575-28C9-4A99-9A4F-6B22737B903A.png

They Have those enamel pins for sale in the web store, very tempted to order one of those!

• Paid Members

I assume Jocephus is back to being poundshop Bruiser Brody now? The feeling of the show is great. ITV can learn a lot about how to present a wrestling program from this if they decide to do another round of WOS. 

It's be a great watch on a Saturday afternoon before final score. 

• Paid Members

I never imagined an "old veteran getting his last shot" would work on a debut show but it was a perfect one and done angle. I'd never heard of Tim Storm but the story was so easy to tell I was totally invested, also was great to see an older guy used like that and it added to the whole classic feel of the show.

Watched the live stream of Powerrr last night and have to say it was the best wrestling show I've seen in years. For real this is better than any WWE show in the past few years and better than last weeks AEW Dynamite.

It was just fun to watch, the production was on point, the match lengths were how they should be and the interviews throughout were brilliantly done.

It had that anything can happen feel to it and I loved it. I didn't even know who Tim Storm was but really wanted him to win. Plus Jim Cornette was brilliant.

• Paid Members

How great was that Austin Idol advert as well?

What this one show proves is that you can go back. Something can go out of fashion in wrestling, or be taken out of the circuit, and you can bring it back and make it work all over again.

This was a traditional wrestling show that had traditional matches with a modern day spin. Everyone who worked a match did a great job and even Eli Drake came across well. Tim Storm had me convinced as well and I previously thought he was a slow, boring old git.

Plus the crowd behaved (except for the odd WHAT), were enthusiastic, and didn't try to get themselves over. EXACTLY the sort of thing I need to get interested in wrestling again.

Edited by Devon Malcolm
forget the grind

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How great was that Austin Idol advert as well?

I watched this about 3am when I couldn't get back to sleep. I genuinely thought I'd imagined that. I've still no idea if it's on the level.

2 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

It seems particularly perfect for what a lot of guys on here are into and I hope this is the reaction everywhere else too. I would also rather support the singer of the fucking Smashing Pumpkins than some guy with a billionaire dad. 

As long as he doesn't sing.

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I caught a glimpse of Eddie Kingston waltzing onto an NWA set and spewing out a classic Eddie Kingston promo and I was immensely happy for him. Arguably the most underrated talker of the past fifteen years.

Yeah I love me some Eddie kingston shame he never really made it to the big league's he a good every man character that dude should have earned big money 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I watched this about 3am when I couldn't get back to sleep. I genuinely thought I'd imagined that. I've still no idea if it's on the level.

As long as he doesn't sing.

Just stumbled across the Austin Idol ad on Twitter and it gave me serious Jones BBQ & Foot Massage feelings, which is always a very good thing.