NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, uklaw said:

As for the matches, I saw a report from Night 1 that suggests that most of the matches were under 5 minutes in length and that only Aldis vs Storm went over 10 minutes. No spoilers here, as the match was announced ahead of the tapings.

Wow, what I've seen and read so far has really piqued my interest.

I gather that I'm very much in the minority here, but I'm genuinely more interested in what will happen here than AEW or any other promotion as things stand.

A quick paced, hour long show, with swift matches and an "old school" feel sounds like a genuine alternative as opposed to what everyone else is doing right now.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

A quick paced, hour long show, with swift matches and an "old school" feel sounds like a genuine alternative as opposed to what everyone else is doing right now.

Depends what you mean by alternative. There are people doing this already. There always have been. Remember watching The Warlord pop up about a decade ago on some indy that had this sort of old school, syndicated TV feel. Seen Tim Storm working recently on some Championship wrestling from... type shows. This maybe has legs and will have better PR.

AEW is a very visible alternative that has a chance to draw a more casual crowd. This is another alternative that only hardcores will know about, IMO.

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I guess the question is what, if anything, they're building towards, and whether there's still a market for this kind of wrestling presentation.

In terms of shows, they have announced a PPV on December 14th. Over the 2 days they taped 8 episodes, so I presume that will take us to that event.

If the question relates to an overall business plan, then I guess that remains to be seen.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What's strange is, there are so few people in the studio that surely they could have gotten them to sign something so the spoilers dont leak online?

TBH the spoilers themselves seem to have caused more of a buzz than anything I read beforehand, so maybe it was a calculated risk?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Nick Aldis must be the most bland man in wrestling.

He's the British Matt Morgan. Has all the attributes to stand out - the look, the athleticism, and a basic understanding that a character is necessary to get over, yet for some reason seems incapable of putting it together in such a way that works. Instead, he ends up coming across like a guy doing a pro-wrestler routine.

Love that studio. Something a bit different to the long workrate matches everyone else does is certainly welcome.

It might not be as mainstream as it was but christ are we spoilt for wrestling content however. Don't know what to bloody watch. 

Edited by AndyUK