NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, wrestleuk said:

You can only book the talent that is available and James storm is the best that’s out there 

I dont think there's ever been a time where so many people are available to sign up. WWE, ROH, TNA and MLW are fighting it out of peoples signatures. Nick Aldis vs James Storm just sounds like ticket buyer repellent. We've seen that before years ago.

• Paid Members

It’s such a shame how little they managed to capitalise on the momentum they had at All In. Legitimately, that may have been the most I’ve cared about a Championship match in years.

Those videos leading up to the match were phenomenal, the weigh-in was truly inspired, those entrances with the, “camps,” made both guys look like the biggest stars in the business and I genuinely cared about who would win. 

But then it all went back to normal, Aldis got the belt back and is now defending it against guys who wouldn’t even win an opener on Smackdown. I’ve no idea how they could have kept the buzz going, but there’s no denying it fizzled out almost immediately. 

• Paid Members
On 12/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

So is Corgan's big idea for the revived NWA to just put on matches that you could have been on Impact a decade ago?

Honestly, the strength of Corgan's NWA has been in doing this and making it feel like it matters. They managed to make people give a shit about Tim Storm, who's never been relevant, and Nick Aldis, who's a default CAW template. Aldis vs. Cody Rhodes is, on paper, one of the blandest matches imaginable, and it was by far the highlight of All In. 

When there's a bunch of promotions scrabbling to sign people, and everywhere else just pitting the same fuckers against each other as everywhere else, it's a real strength the NWA have to be able to take an on-paper nothing match and lend it credibility. If they can be more consistent, and more clear in what the long-term plan is, that should keep them in good stead.

I could get behind James Storm as a focal point of a revived NWA far more than Aldis. Wrestling is lacking in big cowboy bastards these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...