NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

On 2/17/2018 at 2:17 AM, Philjax said:

It is quite interesting and good to listen to. would have liked to hear more about his booking philosophy though,and i do wonder if the stuff dreamer/other guy said about Aldis is kayfabed or not, and i dont buy for one second this"Wrestling as a whole is on the verge of a new Golden Age" claim. seems like corgan believes it though.

PS: Corgan seems like he is freezing in there lol.

Edited by FFTHEWINNER

• Paid Members

I remember now. That's not a bad venue to film something like that, though. I wonder who they'd get in for commentary etc. It has potential, depending on who's on the card.

• Paid Members

Had a dream las night that I was at wythenshawe forum to see an NWA event.  The crowd was singing “Biiiillllyyy Corgan, Billy Billy Corgan” over and over again.  He appeared in the middle of the ring looking like he did in the early 90’s, started strumming his guitar, and then I went to look for a trowel.  That was the end of the wrestling bit.

Edited by Thunderplex

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The big question is how smart is Billy Corgan to the wrestling business, considering he got carnied the fuck out of town by Dixie Carter. Anyone who was willing to shovel a few million into TNA when it was on its last legs doesnt sound like someone who will get this off to a flyer.

He also ran his own promotion before TNA, though how involved he actually was with the day-to-day running of that, I don't know.

You'd hope he would try and work alongside people who know what they're doing - but going from sinking money into TNA to buying the NWA brand makes it seem like he's after a quick fix with an established name, rather than building anything from the ground up. He's working a lot of with HOH, though, so maybe he's got Dreamer advising him.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The big question is how smart is Billy Corgan to the wrestling business, considering he got carnied the fuck out of town by Dixie Carter. Anyone who was willing to shovel a few million into TNA when it was on its last legs doesnt sound like someone who will get this off to a flyer.

Fair point. But its so difficult to gain outlets these days that he felt it could only be done by trying to buy into a company which already has (admittedly weak) TV clearance.

Edited by garynysmon

Maybe the 'kayfabe' toughest test yet with defence No.9 I believe it is.....

I think this was the promotion where Jocephus and Tim Storm first met so seeing as Jo was teasing interrupting one of these bouts and we're due an update, maybe this is where it will happen.

What’s the deal with Nick Aldis? Did he take a shit on Vince’s lunch?

He seems like exactly the sort of person they’d have snapped up by now and chucked in NXT. Looks the part, is experienced, by no means old and is married to someone the WWE clearly love and yet you don’t even hear half a rumour about them being interested.

Very strange.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz