NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I think it's definitely worth keeping an eye on. The NWA still has some brand value. Will be interesting to see how he adapts the old territorial model to the 21st century- indeed, if he goes with the territorial model at all.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

What does he actually own as in the name, tape libraries etc? Be interesting to see what comes of this.

The name, rights and trademarks, the Paul Boesch video library, the title belt, and a share of NWA OnDemand.

Dave Lagana seems to be his "wrestling guy".

I can't see him trying to follow the territory model, it's just going to be a vanity project promotion with a recognisable name on it.

• Paid Members

I'd also like to see him do well, simply because it's always good from a wrestling fan's perspective to have options other than WWE, for when it's not going well, or even just when said fan is just not enjoying the direction of the product at the time. There are already plenty, but it's always good to have more options.

The only thing really of value for the company right now is the video library, simply because it's the only thing Corgan can potentially generate instant revenue from at present. But it won't be worth much without new content to go alongside the classics, as not every fan is into the older stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

As this thread appears I'm just about to watch Flair Vs Race from Starrcade 83. William's certainly set up some interesting storylines with the whole Jocephus Tim Storm  situation, and Aldis  as champion. It'll be interesting to see who else gets brought in for this.

Corgan has announced Aldis defends against Tommy Dreamer at House Of Hardcore on March 24th. This shot was given to Dreamer when Storm was champion.

Seems like the NWA World Title could end up being HOH's main belt going forward. They seem to have a pretty rock solid working relationship going on.

I watched HOH 37 on Twitch the other day. It's like ECW never went away. I love it. Nice mixture of ex-WWE talent, veterans, Lucha Underground guys in limbo. 2300 arena looks great these days too.

• Paid Members

With Dreamer also being back with Impact Wrestling now and the NWA recently taping in Orlando, there's the potential for a "Pro Wrestling USA" type arrangement here.

Let's hope this works out better than the last one though...

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

Even worse the NWA has essentially said that he's going over every night with his "Crusade" of booked dates til March or so.

But he's slotting Mickie James, so what do I know?

Edited by PowerButchi