5 Star Wrestling - Massive UK Tournament

Tim R-T-C

• Paid Members

Can Punk do it, even if he wants to?

Do the terms of his UFC contract (which I presume he still has?) just allow him to take wrestling bookings if he feels like it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Meltzer's said it's a hoax, and the 5 Star account also says the Twitter is a fake - it's since been suspended. Apparently it's a guy called Cameron Toutt, who has a track record of this nonsense.

5 Star have still included a screenshot of the original Tweet in their denial, and are using a silhouette of CM Punk in their graphics for the tournament, and are still pushing the "$1 million for CM Punk" story.

• 2 weeks later...

So after all that CM Punk talk, which to the suprise of nobody ended up being absolutely nothing, Rob Van Dam has been added to the tour.

Nonidea how well RVD can still go these days I've not seen him since he last in WWE, but I can't imagine him wanting to much more than his usual spots & routines and then head back to his hotel

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

No idea how well RVD can still go these days I've not seen him since he last in WWE, but I can't imagine him wanting to much more than his usual spots & routines and then head back to his hotel

I still remember him coming into 1PW during the Danny Rodd days. Rodd was touting his match against Davey Richards for weeks, talking about how they had to sell DVDs and this surefire indie classic would sell around the world.

Imagine his surprise (and nobody else's) when RVD came in, did his normal spots, hit the Five Star Frog Splash and went home in fifteen minutes.

That's not on RVD, that's on the promoter. I was there that night but I've since got to know some of the other guys that were booked. By the time the main event rolled around the show was running so far overtime that the venue management had threatened to shut them down. As a result the main event's time was slashed considerably, hence only enough time to for a sprint that squeezed in all the trademark moves. 

• Paid Members

^^^ I was at 1PW for RVD vs. Davey Richards, one of the few 1PW shows I actually did attend outside their initial 6 months.  Of course, I ended up missing the match itself due to them over-running by a ridiculous amount (even by their own standards).

On 5 Star, various wrestlers, referees, etc. on Twitter are now saying it is cancelled and are asking for other bookings instead - so it's off.

Like anyone actually bought a ticket anyway...

Archived