TUF: Redemption - Team Garbrandt vs. Team Dillashaw

Egg Shen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

If there's a better way to make your UFC debut then I haven't seen it.

I think Anderson Silva's destruction of Chris Leben is still the best UFC debut ever. I would even argue that that kind of debut is even better than having a great fight, because it establishes you as a monster right out of the gate and I think that means more over the long haul.

Yeah I thought the event was a dud but it was worth sitting through just for that tear up at the end! It was fantastic! I did like the "English dudes are bums" bit though.  What's the deal with those two.

• Paid Members
On 7/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Forgot that one. It's up there though. People who watched this fight but hadn't seen Gaethje before will be looking forward to his next fight now, that's for sure. 

i just wrote my thoughts on the show and deleted them by accident, i aint doing them again.

But exactly that wand. it was the perfect UFC debut, a KO is nice but a blood & guy war is better and Gaethje and Johnson both delivered. I've been homering for the WSOF guys because ive followed the promotion, Gaethje came exactly as advertised and hes probably already cememted himself as a fan favorite, Dana has to love him too. Gaethje is gonna get his comeuppance eventually, but he is the fucking man. 

Who do you put him in with next? so many fights to make...

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Gaethje is gonna get his comeuppance eventually

The mad thing about that is he knows it and seems at peace with it. I think that's what he meant by the "Wheres my equal?" stuff. He's very realistic about it from what I can tell. He knows that with his style, you're not going to win them all and sooner or later it'll be him laid out. He's got a bit of that Wanderlei Silva or Melvin Manhoef mentality. Kill or be killed. Not the wisest way to fight but from a fan's perspective it doesn't half make for some entertaining fights, eh? 

As for his next opponent. I'd love to see him clobber Kevin Lee into oblivion. But it depends if they're going with that Lee vs Chiesa rematch next. 

If not that, maybe Eddie Alvarez. But I guess that depends on if we're getting that Alvarez vs Poirier rematch. 

These rematches! If not those, then how about Ragin' Al? There are so many possibilities for great fights for him. And the best thing is they're all fresh fights. 

• Paid Members

that stuff makes him even more endearing to me too, there's no bullshit, he just goes in, bites down and throws the leather. You'd never think he had a strong wrestling background.

• Paid Members

He's like a high level Jorge Gurgel. Strong grappling base but opts to just get into slugfests instead. I guess a more favourable comparison would be Chuck Liddell, where he can use his wrestling in reverse to keep a fight standing. 

Hey, Gaethje vs Pettis. There's another one. 

• Paid Members

I didn't watch any TUF and I have everything from Fight Night in Stockholm through UFC 213 on my DVR, untouched. I obviously don't have time to watch every fight from each one of those cards, so I asked on Twitter what I should watch and what I should delete. Johnson/Gaethje wasn't even on my list but Jonathan Snowdon told me to check it and my fucking hell that was one hell of a fight. Plus, you've gotta love Gaethje's dickhead cockiness and him Goldberging it up post-fight.

Oh, also, if you guys would like to suggest what I should watch and what I should delete from the above, please do. 

• Paid Members

From Stockholm to 213, I reckon you want;

Alexander Gustafsson vs Glover Teixeira (UFC Stockholm) 

Oluwale Bamgbose vs Paulo Borrachinha (UFC 212 main card) 

Tim Elliott vs Ben Nguyen (Fight Night: Lewis vs Hunt main card) 

Ion Cutelaba vs Henrique De Silva (Fight Night: Lewis vs Hunt main card) 

Dominick Reyes vs Joachim Christensen (Fight Night: Chiesa vs Lee main card) 

Johny Hendricks vs Tim Boetsch (Fight Night: Chiesa vs Lee main card) 

Jesse Taylor vs Diego Lima (TUF Redemption Finale main card) 

Travis Browne vs Oleksiy Oleynik (UFC 213 prelims) 

Rob Font vs Douglas Silva De Andrade (UFC 213 main card) 

Anthony Pettis vs Jim Miller (UFC 213 main card) 

If you have the time then stuff like Romero vs Whittaker (213) and Aldo vs Holloway (212) are also well worth watching but the above is the best/most exciting stuff off the shows you're on about. 

Archived