Perfect Comedy Timing

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

I was watching Father Ted last night and despite having seen the episode dozens of times, the ‘fuckinell’ in the Chris the Sheep episode made me laugh like an idiot all over again. The timing of it, on both occasions, is just perfect: 

And despite it becoming GIFd into oblivion in recent years, the Partridge Shrug will never not be brilliant:

So on a slow Bank Holiday Monday, let’s see some other instances of perfect comedy timing in films and telly. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, focusing on something you yourself watched last night, Frankie, how about this from Blazing Saddles. Three instances of it here, one of my favourite comedy scenes of all time:-

• Awards Moderator

I've had a Star Wars bank holiday, and it's easy to forget just how brilliant Harrison Ford's delivery of "who's scruffy looking?" is. 

I will stick up for Fawlty Towers everywhere, but rather than the obvious this scene, especially the description of the view, is exceptional comedy where both characters are captured in the script and performance:

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Another Harrison Ford effort.

Absolutely on point.

Is it fact or bollocks that they had a big dramatic scene planned and went with this as Ford had the shits? 

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Well, focusing on something you yourself watched last night, Frankie, how about this from Blazing Saddles. Three instances of it here, one of my favourite comedy scenes of all time:-

Comic timing + Blazing Saddles always makes me think of the Waco Kid scene. Such a perfectly played payoff.

Archived