WWE November 2017 UK dates

tony1234

16 hours ago, Au said:

This sounds like the worst thing imaginable but they've recently built a new Star Centre and that's only place I can think of in Splott that might work.

Ah right; not venturing into Splott regularly has hidden this from me.

More info gleaned from a natter with Carl aka 'John Morrison' in the pub last night has tributes to The New Day, Stardust, Legion of Doom, Ultimate Warrior, Sting & The Rock (portrayed by Daz Greene, whoever he is).  Promoter is called Web from Gloucestershire, using a 20' ring.

It's going to be dire.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, scotswizard said:

You would have thought after selling out two nights in Glasgow last November they would have done TV their again but nope, back to England it is where it's half and half both nights.

Boo frickin' hoo. They sold out two nights in Sheffield in November 2009 and haven't been back since.

I think it just depends who's available for the dates they've pencilled in for TV which we all know what they are and they get it sorted out. I'm surprised they've not fancied a change and do it in a country that's not had anything before on the European Tour.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, StrongStyle said:

This question relates more to the upcoming tour in May: will it be the new rosters who are touring after the Superstar Shakeup?

If Nakamura is going to be wrestling on the Smackdown shows, I would be tempted to get a ticket for the Glasgow date.

I was wondering about this too. If Nakamura's on the Newcastle show in May, I'd buy a ticket.

Apparently they'll never do another televised show at Newcastle because according to my cousin who at the time was part of the ring setup/dismantle crew on the UK shows & was mingling around backstage & Vince was absolutely raging because they was barely any room backstage as the stage setup for insurextion was pretty much taking up the whole of the back of the arena as that area back there is fairly small anyway. Apparently his words to his assistant were "Make a note that we won't be doing televised events from here again". I also still have the turnbuckle and chair that my cousin gave me from that show. I found that show to be a great show in all fairness.

I suppose you can't blame them for trying. It's just worth a go in new venues when they're ready and if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Remember when he went nuts and went on his Have Fun Dammit! Moment because that Liverpool SmackDown taping was dead as anything?

That Liverpool SmackDown taping rant was weird. The point at which he came out the crowd had actually been alright, just had the Jericho/Stephanie but and the crowd were quite loud, it got worse after he'd come out. Didn't make sense

I believe a year or two earlier in Liverpool the crowd was dead for a taping "aswell" so I guess he had a pre conceived notion of how it was gonna be and led to him coming out. Probably means Liverpool will never get a taping again.

Love Manchester but wish they would go somewhere else for the taping, suprised Birmingham and sheffield keep getting overlooked, Leeds must be in with a shout with their new arena now, most reports were that they didn't like Glasgow so doubt thatll get the tapings again

Archived