Justin Roberts AMA highlights.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Grecian said:

I'm surprised Michael Cole released him. I hadn't realised Cole was in involved with talent relations.

Cole produces the other announcers these days, I believe - IIRC his nameplate for the UK tourney presser read "Senior Producer, On Air Announce Talent" or something. Guess that extends to the ring announcers (and possibly the interviewers?) but the talent relations arm to that is news to me too.

Triple H has him earmarked to move into Dunn's role, I've read?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've not read it in a while but Justin Roberts' blog about Connor, Warrior and the Connors Cure stuff just after he was released showed up WWE for being media savvy pricks ( to the surprise of no one) 

5 hours ago, chokeout said:

I've not read it in a while but Justin Roberts' blog about Connor, Warrior and the Connors Cure stuff just after he was released showed up WWE for being media savvy pricks ( to the surprise of no one) 

Yeah I read that as well after he got released.

• Paid Members

This has blown up a bit online. With Mauro's departure from WWE (he's deleted all references from WWE off his twitter, so he looks to be gone), Roberts book and Coach (obviously under orders from Vince) defending the shit out of WWE on twitter, this potentially could go mainstream.

JBL could be Demott'd if people find out some of the shit he's been up to over the last 2 decades.

Sure fucking hope so. 

Wasn't the biggest fan of Mauro on the booth by any standards but nobody should have to come out of any job that way. Hopefully he's doing a lot better now he's washed his hands of them 

Sorry to post a link to Reddit (I know you lot hate them over there for some reason) but I found this post both interesting and hilarious:

Edit: The content of the original post seems to have been removed but it was quite a long winded post that claimed among other things JBL suffers from klinefelter's syndrome!

If this does go mainstream then I can't imagine the 'anti-bullying' campaign thing will be happy. Portraying bullying on screen is one thing, as it can be passed off as part of a show, but a WWE personality bullying another, who has a history of mental health issues, could be a PR issue.

Yes, JBL is a prick but there's nothing to stop him going 'Hey, I'm just saying what the boss tells me to in my ear'.

• Paid Members

Aye, it's kicked off. Apparently, Bas Rutten has threatened to slap JBL's head clean off if they ever meet. Shame about Mauro.

Poor Vince will probably have to hold off throwing some BBQ sauce in the eye of an unsuspecting JR for a solid 6 months.

I hope JBL gets the boot because he's the worst commentator they've maybe ever had. All he's good for is misery.

8 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Apparently, Bas Rutten has threatened to slap JBL's head clean off if they ever meet.

Now THAT would be one for the Bart Gunn/Stevie Richards vault of righteousness 

27 minutes ago, Cat crater said:

Sorry to post a link to Reddit (I know you lot hate them over there for some reason) but I found this post both interesting and hilarious:

Edit: The content of the original post seems to have been removed but it was quite a long winded post that claimed among other things JBL suffers from klinefelter's syndrome!

Didn't he once soap up Paul London in the shower when he was new there. Fuck knows what JBL would be like if he hadn't been trying to impress "the boys" for 20 years

3 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Imagine having Bas Rutten after you. Fucking hell. And he thought Steve Blackman was bad. 

JBL's a bit of a scrapper though. I wouldn't bet against him. Just look at what he did to Blue Meanie, for example.

Archived