Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Still think it's a good few years away from happening, if it does. However, with the network taking over from PPV and their focus on the UK market in recent years it's certainly more likely now than at any other period in recent memory. Still think we'll get a 'b' level PPV first before they risk doing Mania here. 

"It would be the biggest event on British shores since the 1992 Summerslam"

- Or, indeed, the biggest event on British shores. Being WrestleMania and all.

Question is - where gets to host it? O2 is a given for Raw/Smackdown and Wembley Arena for the HOF (Which surely would have Regal as the main inductee? And Bulldog as the post-humous inductee)

Wembley Stadium? I'm not good with the football calendar; but isn't there FA cup Finals or whatnot around the end of March/Early April to consider?

Surely a better plan would be the Millenium Stadium (or whatever it's called these days) in Cardiff, with the roof and all? Outdoor event in London in early April is going to have a hefty risk of rain, surely?

9 minutes ago, marc2j said:

Wembley has a roof too...

Not over the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Bohan said:

I think the new White Hart Lane would be high on their lists for a London mania.  It's going to be the home of NFL in the UK which would be a big draw for WWE.

If they're coming to London, why would they choose a 60k stadium over a 90k stadium?

1 hour ago, Cat crater said:

Not over the pitch.

If they're coming to London, why would they choose a 60k stadium over a 90k stadium?

Because a 90 k stadium is no guarantee to sell out on foreign soil, not that mania ever sells out anyway.  It's also not the most relevant argument, when the Superdome is a 70,000 capacity stadium yet it's been chosen to host mania twice within a 4 year period.

Typically the same area for Raw and Smackdown is used for Hall Of Fame.

As for Axxess I would place my money on the excel centre with it being Londons biggest and best convention centre.  Though the space at the far side of the 02 centre outside of the arena has been used for similar events which would make it hugely convenient should the arena be used for hall of fame, raw etc.

Question is - where gets to host it? O2 is a given for Raw/Smackdown and Wembley Arena for the HOF (Which surely would have Regal as the main inductee? And Bulldog as the post-humous inductee) 

4 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

And Tottenham is a shit hole

Having been to 5 manias in the states.  I can safely say that the area is a million times nicer and safer than what surrounds the Citrus Bowl in Florida and the At&t stadium in Dallas, both of which are true ghettos.  Also being a 7 minute tube journey from Kings Cross, it's an hour more centrally located than both of the last two manias also.

Archived