What are your current viewing habits?

Undefeated Steak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll read Raw and SD spoilers each Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I'll usually watch whatever sounds interesting via YouTube or Wrestling Reality. Sometimes watch NXT (Although I haven't recently due to it being a little stale.)

PPV'S I generally skim through on the Network. Usually watch the big 4 in full though. Don't really watch Indys or UK based stuff.

Most of my wrestling media is in podcast form. I listen far more than I watch these days.

WWE PPV's - all of them in full. While I have the Network I'll watch them live, and when I don't I'll download it the next day.

RAW/SD - I won't miss an episode, but I'll skip through matches and just watch promos and finishes unless there's some reason to think a match might be important/good. I guess if there's a wrestler I'm particularly into at the time I'll watch whatever they're doing in full too. Oh, and Talking Smack is a definite now. Even when I let my Network membership lapse after Wrestlemania I'll find a way to watch that. It adds a lot to an already good show. I would probably watch Raw Talk if that was every week too.

NXT - I've been watching it while I have the Network, but I imagine I'll feel fairly halfhearted about it when I don't. I think I'll continue to watch Takeover events but only watch the occasional TV.

Also, with the Network I've started watching things like Breaking Ground and Ride Along, but I'll just wait until the next time I have the Network to catch up on stuff like that.

Indies - nothing at the moment, but I used to dip into ROH. When I don't have the Network anymore there's a chance that will replace NXT as my "break open in case of boredom emergency" wrestling show.

I practically never watch any old wrestling though. As much as I may have loved it at the time, I can't give time to that. Going back would be like going back and watching old Eastenders or old sports seasons or something. For me it's meant to be of its time. While there's current wrestling I can enjoy I'll watch it, but I think if I ever stop enjoying it, that will be it for me.

• Paid Members

I could probably bin the network and be happy with the content available on youtube these days. Not just in terms of old stuff, but highlights of the current stuff too.

As Silky Kisser said, i primarily listen to podcasts these days though, even at a time when im not fully engrossed in the product i still love to listen/read about it all, the whole business still fascinates me.

• Paid Members

I practically never watch any old wrestling though. As much as I may have loved it at the time, I can't give time to that. Going back would be like going back and watching old Eastenders or old sports seasons or something. For me it's meant to be of its time. While there's current wrestling I can enjoy I'll watch it, but I think if I ever stop enjoying it, that will be it for me.

You're basically my polar opposite tbh. Wrestling is pretty much all a nostalgia trip for me, forever wishing that I was as into it as I was aged 8 to 15 or so. My ears only really perk these days if its something old school.

I generally watch the occasional raw and smackdown with fast forward activated but for the most part keep up to date via the results and raw thread here.

Watch all the ppvs (not live) only rumble and Wrestlemania live which I think I will always do no matter how stinking the card could could look.

Watch the occasional nxt less and less in recent time. I have the network watch old ppv matches etc and love a bit of ride along. Also obviously the amazing WWE 24 series.

That's abouts it really except keeping an eye on the tna thread on here.

This board is probably my number source for all things wrestling and has been for the best part of 15 years!

Sorry to change the subject of this thread a bit, but can anyone recommend to me what's really worth watching in wrestling?

I'm quite out the loop now(only watch big PPVs and the RAW highlights on Sky1.) I have the network and occasionally visit watchwrestling for the other stuff. But there is simply that much that I give up in watching anything because I don't know what's good and what's not.

Cheers for any help or recommendations.

Might as well elaborate on what I tend to watch

Weekly I'll always watch Raw and Smackdown, I don't fast forward I just browse my phone if I become bored

I keep up to date with NXT too, even if it's not always thrilling, I'm too interested in THE FUTURE to pass it up

Also not missed an episode of 205 yet but I don't know how long that will be the case

Almost needless to say, I don't miss WWE PPVs

Fortnightly or so I'll try catch up on any big New Japan or ROH shows, with the occasional episode of ROH TV if I can be arsed

Just becoming acquainted with Progress and RevPro and want to keep track of both companies for the foreseeable

Will also watch tons of PPVs retrospectively, mostly WWF, though I've got a juicy bag of ROH torrents I'm trying to make last. Will check the occasional WCW, ECW or Japanese show for some more variety, and even a bit of early TNA for nostalgia

Trying to maybe make room for a good US indy, maybe some PWG shows but not even my unemployed arse has the time for it

Often I watch the PPVs going through a couple of different timelines, but when there's a Big 4 PPV coming up, as is obviously the case now, I'll devote my PPV time to a past version of the show that I haven't previously seen to help get into the spirit. Of course I'm Mania mad at the mo and recently cleared 6, 7, 13, 14 and 25 for the first time

Recently became a bit sad after watching 14 and realised that was probably gonna be the last one left I thoroughly enjoyed more-or-less all the way through, cracking show with the only rendition of America the Beautiful at all that doesn't need fast forwarding (oddly trimmed from the network)

Next up is 12 and the iron man match (clip of me unenthusiastically saying 'Yay'). Might just leave it til next year tbh

Only stuff I really can't be arsed wit at the moment is TNA and Lucha Underground.

TNA I'll be willing to return to, but it still sounds like a mess down there atm, if double J settles back in and they fire Mathews then we shall see. 2 hour show doesn't help their chances though.

As for Lucha Underground, I'm just not into the glossy presentation at all. Completely my loss as I love John Morrison and Paul London who I hear is there now, and I saw Pentagon Dark at a UK show who kicked arse and had an awesome look

Archived