What are your current viewing habits?

Undefeated Steak

Haven't stayed up and watched a full episode of Raw and Smackdown live since the night after Mania last year. I generally watch the big 4 ppvs live and catch the occasional other one if I'm off work the next day. These days I read the results then watch the highlights on YouTube that interest me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only new wrestling I've watched this year was the Royal Rumble. Will watch Wrestlemania then I'll likely cancel the network. Occasionally watch an old PPV now and then but probably catch up on old stuff more through YouTube.

• Paid Members

I watch all of Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, 205 Live, and NXT every week, plus all PPVs and other stuff on the Network.  Since I got Sky in 2002 I've watched everything WWE has put out, except for a year or so in 2007-2008 when I began university and only saw a few PPVs and nothing else.  It still irks me to this day that there was a year of feuds, matches etc I missed out on.  I'm a bit OCD in that way/  

Used to watch Impact every week too until Challenge dropped it.

Can I ask, how do you find the time to watch all that? On PPV weeks that's at least 11 hours (if my counting is accurate) of WWE programming, not including whatever you watch on the Network. 13 hours if you count TNA, when you were watching that.

I'm not casting any sort of judgement, genuinely interested how you fit all that in plus I assume other TV shows, going out, working, etc. I'd like to know your secret.

Kodi on the Firestick has been a bit of a godsend for me. I watch Raw ( a lot of it skipped through most weeks tbh ) Smackdown ( watch this in full, without the adverts the 80 minutes or so flies by ) Talking Smack weekly. Have never watched NXT weekly but watch all the Takeovers on the Network, don't watch 205 Live and watch the PPV's the next day on the Network, sometimes while I'm doing oher things so not always giving it 100% attention.

I watched the Uk Tourney live on The Network but havent seen a full British show since FWA on The Wrestling channel days, tried to watch the hyped PWG BOLA Night 2 ( I think ) and managed about 4 matches before I had to take a break as it was too much and never got round to watching the rest. Watched ROH's 15th Anniversary show the other week on Kodi ( the 1st full show I'd watched since around 2008 ) and really enjoyed it but doubt I'll keep up with it

• Paid Members

I watch so little WWE nowadays that names get mentioned on here that I don't even know what they look like. The Royal Rumble was the last show I watched, I made a point of checking out Goldberg v Brock Lesnar from the Survivor Series but that's about it. I reckon the only thing that would pique my interest now is knowing a cameo appearance by 80's or 90's stars is coming up, and I'd still only watch that segment.

I make a point of watching Impact Wrestling at some point during the week but have never bothered with ROH, NXT or any indies. I watch Impact for the same reason that a lot of people watch Smackdown, a relatively easy 90 mins. Can see myself giving the new ITV wrestling show a go though.

Otherwise, most of my wrestling consumption is podcasts while driving to and from work, and watching classic shows on Kodi.

Will watch Raw every week. Smackdown most weeks. Don't bother with NXT much unless its a Takeover, as much as I enjoy cruiserweight's I have no time for 205 Live and I catch all the PPVs between Raw/Smackdown. 

I do skim through the ads, repetitive matches and highlights I have already seen six times during Raw. Smackdown can be found if there is a Ziggler vs Apollo Crews match as thats an instant 20 minutes saved. 

It can seem like an overkill though trying to fit everything in, I rarely get time to watch anything on the network outside of a PPV, I think 10-15 years ago I would have dreamed of having something like the network. 

I haven't watched a full episode of Raw or Smackdown in years. I ditched Sky in 2013, I think, which is probably the last time I watched a full episode. I used to watch NXT, but gave up when the likes of Owens, Zayn, Enzo & Cass and the rest of that era of NXT were called up. I've barely any interest in any of them outside of Nakamura and maybe Bobby Roode, not watched any of 205 Live - I couldn't see that this crop of cruiserweights would be treated any differently than the old CW division, and as soon as Ho Ho Lun got onto it, that was my mind made up.

I do watch every PPV, the Top 10 of Raw and Smackdown that goes on Youtube afterwards, and I'll go out of my way to watch stuff that sounds like I should, the Miz / Bryan Talking Smack promo, I did watch Miz & Maryse being Cena and Nikki, that was great. Most of the time on the Network I watch old PPVs, mainly as background noise as I'm working on my MA, I have enjoyed the WWE24 series and make sure I watch those. I also liked Road Trip, they were good, but avoid anything like Holy Foley, Swerved or the cartoony type stuff.

I don't watch any indies, British wrestling, or go to many live shows (NXT in Cardiff in December 2015 was the last one).

To be honest, time is my major concern. I've got 2 young kids, work full-time, an MA and a PS4 addiction. I don't have enough hours in my week to watch all of WWE content.

• Paid Members

I watch all of Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, 205 Live, and NXT every week, plus all PPVs and other stuff on the Network.  Since I got Sky in 2002 I've watched everything WWE has put out, except for a year or so in 2007-2008 when I began university and only saw a few PPVs and nothing else.  It still irks me to this day that there was a year of feuds, matches etc I missed out on.  I'm a bit OCD in that way/  

Used to watch Impact every week too until Challenge dropped it.

Can I ask, how do you find the time to watch all that? On PPV weeks that's at least 11 hours (if my counting is accurate) of WWE programming, not including whatever you watch on the Network. 13 hours if you count TNA, when you were watching that.

I'm not casting any sort of judgement, genuinely interested how you fit all that in plus I assume other TV shows, going out, working, etc. I'd like to know your secret.

Haha!  I play and watch a lot of football, but outside of that I have very few hobbies that require time.  I don't have a partner or kids, and don't go out much or anything like that.  And I almost never watch mainstream TV or films, or any non-sport TV or films for that matter, and don't play computer games.  So on a nice sunny day like today when the average person may be out doing something, spending time with family, watching whatever BBC have on etc, I've spent it watching football and wrestling.  When you cut out the stuff normal people do, there is plenty of time to watch all that content even with spending about 43 hours a week at work.

While I know the above paragraph makes me come off as a massive loser, I'm genuinely happy committing that much time to wrestling - I don't do it because I have no other options, I do it because, to me, the entertainment reward I get from it is worth the time investment.  There's a line from the Max Landis film Wrestling isn't Wrestling where he says towards the end something about how wrestling never ends.  To me that's part of the beauty of it.  When Breaking Bad ends, the football season finishes, you complete the latest computer game etc, you have to go out and find something else to entertain yourself.  As long as you are still entertained by wrestling (and I understand most people on here are not like me and have a limit) then there is an essentially endless amount of original content to enjoy.  Its a hobby where there is always more.

In a similar vein, and also not said in anyway to cast judgement, I find it remarkable the number of people who make the effort to visit this board to discuss wrestling, yet don't actually watch any of the current product beyond skimming YouTube highlights of Raw and the odd PPV.

• Paid Members

In a similar vein, and also not said in anyway to cast judgement, I find it remarkable the number of people who make the effort to visit this board to discuss wrestling, yet don't actually watch any of the current product beyond skimming YouTube highlights of Raw and the odd PPV.

I still visit here for the colourful characters and general laughs more than anything to do with modern wrestling I guess.

I watch the clips of Raw and Smackdown on the WWE Youtube page, watch NXT and 205 Live in full and all the PPVS/Takeovers as far as WWE goes and Lucha Underground. I've not watched a full Impact episode in around 3 years though I watched the Hardyz stuff and clips of the latest reboot

I watch Raw, Smackdown, 205 Live, and NXT every week. Every PPV too, and I try and make time to watch a couple of old shows over the weekends- this past one, I watched Wrestlemania 31 (much better than I remember) and have just started Wrestlemania 32 with the pretty fun Kalisto/Ryback match.

Don't really watch much non-WWE stuff just because Vince and his crew saturate the market with so much content. I plan to binge Lucha Underground once it turns up on Netflix though, watched the first season at the time and loved it.

I tend to read the results of RAW and Smackdown then watch highlights on the app of whatever might sound interesting.

Talking Smack is quite good so I tend to watch that most weeks.

NXT weekly aswell as all Takeovers, 205 Live gets skimmed through to see what matches are on as it just seems to be the same 10 or do guys in interchangeable matches with little else.

I'll watch all the PPVs but never bother with a Preshow. If a match isn't considered important enough to put on the show you pay for then it's probably not important at all

Archived