ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

The boxing on there tanked by all accounts so im not sure wrestling would want to get in on the action.

Tanked by boxing standards or by TNA standards?
Wrestleuk couldn't even be bothered to find an illegal stream.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Really interested for this. I like the 70-80% ratio of UK guys that Double J mentioned. Keeps the focus on British wrestling, but with some imports to shake things up. No different from most BritWres shows (lower import ratio than RPW and possibly even PCW).

PCW are not as import heavy as reputation would have it. Falling crowds, lack of fresh ex-WWE etc names, and lesser exchange rates means that they don't load up anymore. They generally use the same guys that do the circuit of various promotions. So far this year they have been about 20-25% imports on their shows which is comparable with the average Southside show. Rev Pro York Hall shows are now the high watermark for imports it seems, High Stakes was 43.75% imports, and Epic Encounter seems to be loaded in that regard as well.

Having looked at PCW, Southside, IPW, Rev Pro, PROGRESS so far this year, top 3 shows for imports I could find were, RPW High Stakes 43.75%, Southside Battle Of The Egos 7 33.33%, RPW Live In Portsmouth 31.25%.

A lot of research has gone into that post just to defend PCW.

• Paid Members

Really interested for this. I like the 70-80% ratio of UK guys that Double J mentioned. Keeps the focus on British wrestling, but with some imports to shake things up. No different from most BritWres shows (lower import ratio than RPW and possibly even PCW).

PCW are not as import heavy as reputation would have it. Falling crowds, lack of fresh ex-WWE etc names, and lesser exchange rates means that they don't load up anymore. They generally use the same guys that do the circuit of various promotions. So far this year they have been about 20-25% imports on their shows which is comparable with the average Southside show. Rev Pro York Hall shows are now the high watermark for imports it seems, High Stakes was 43.75% imports, and Epic Encounter seems to be loaded in that regard as well.

Having looked at PCW, Southside, IPW, Rev Pro, PROGRESS so far this year, top 3 shows for imports I could find were, RPW High Stakes 43.75%, Southside Battle Of The Egos 7 33.33%, RPW Live In Portsmouth 31.25%.

It sounds almost like you're accusing them of Fludding the thread with statistics.  :)

I'll get my coat.

It actually scares me into how many imports come into RPW shows and feel the show is so important reliant. At the next one you have The Young Bucks, Hiromu Takahashi, Kenny Omega, Kushida, Jay White, Angelico and Hiroki Goto. To be honest I feel like a promotion based around British wrestlers with a couple of imports will be good.

I just find the PCW = imports thing a bit lazy like its still 2014 or something. Anyone paying attention over the last year or perhaps even two will have noticed they don't stand out in that regard anymore.

Fludder/PCW give you plenty of stronger material to work with on other matters if you want to take shots and don't worry I won't be rushing to their defence. 

The logo's fine, but I'm not liking what someone mentioned about them commonly referring to "W.O.S." at the press conference instead of "World of Sport". The initials sound awkward and stupid, and actually take longer to pronounce than the full name - a name they brought back for a reason, so why make extra effort to avoid using it?

• Awards Moderator

WOS doesn't roll off the tounge very well, does it? It seems strange. Then again, we're quite accustomed to the amount of promotions that have an acronym ending in ©W.

WWE doesn't roll off the tongue very well either - two Ws together, followed by two vowel sounds at the end - but we're so used to it we don't notice!

• Paid Members

Completely speculating, but it may be that the New Year's show was completely an ITV production so they used "World of Sport" (which is their trademark) whereas this is a joint production with Anthem so they wanted a name that they could "share" without ITV giving up the rights.

Archived