Favourite WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW T-Shirt

The Phenomenal One

• Awards Moderator

Sperm aside (spermicide!), why in the hell wouldn't you give a light Photoshopping to AJ's complexion there? Just even up that redness.

At Silver Vision there was an extensive list of things you had to 'Shop on a wrestler (sorry, SUPERSTAR) before putting up.

• Paid Members

At Silver Vision there was an extensive list of things you had to 'Shop on a wrestler (sorry, SUPERSTAR) before putting up.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd be fascinated if you'd share (what you remember of) that list, if you can, please...?

• Awards Moderator

I should add this list came direct from WWE and would be distributed to all partners. From my old man memory, paraphrased:

No stray hairs, anywhere

No wrinkles or blemishes

No pimples or acne

No muffin tops over trunks (it definitely said muffin tops because I hadn't heard the phrase before)

While I can't recall it there must've been something like "AJ Styles must not look so red"

Then there were other peculiarities like no Donald Trump anywhere (he hadn't given permission for his likeness to be used in promo materials) and of course removing the SARA tattoo from Taker.

Sometimes you'd get a WWE Approved © Photoshop through, and this particular one was a blonde Diva (I want to say Kelly Kelly but I'm not 100%). When you shed the layers of adjustments it was pretty shocking how much had been changed. It wasn't like it was a hideous troll underneath, but amazing they could find so much to tweak on a subjectively photogenic person.

• Paid Members

Thanks man, interesting stuff.

I had assumed it was a mandate direct from WWE - this being the company that banned images of "Triple H's character in peril" or whatever it was from any reviews/promotional material for one of the video games.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived