UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

The baddest men on the planet...

image.jpg

:laugh:

Bout order's been updated as well. Alvarez vs Poirier headlines the prelims now. Cejudo vs Pettis opens the PPV. Can't wait for this. Easily the most stacked PPV so far this year on paper. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost wish the main event wasn’t happening. You’ve got one of MMA’s classiest guys taking on one of MMA’s nicest guys, perhaps the nicest. Whoever wins, a nice guy is still going to lose. And even if it’s JDS, unless he wins quickly, he’s still going to take a beating and I’ve seen JDS take enough beatings already. I don’t need to see another, even if it is en route to winning the heavyweight title. 

• Paid Members

I was watching Embedded last night and I'm a little gutted these two are fighting. They both seem like good blokes. 

Stipe comes of pretty well hunting for toys in the store and I did laugh when he hung up on his misses again in the car, continuing that little game. 

Junior is the scariest yet happiest bloke I've ever laid eyes on. You can't help but go all Lenny Henry when he's smiling on screen playing with his kid. 

Can't they just have a hug off, instead? 

Nice fight card though. Is this the biggest of the year? Madness to think we're fast approaching the halfway point of the year and it's taken this long for a big one to drop. 

• Paid Members

Maia wins via super powers.

Absolutely no strong feelings about who wins in the other main card fights.

It's a silly business predicting a heavyweight UFC fight, particularly when it's two of the very best in the division squaring off. All I hope for is a good showing by both men, because, as previously mentioned, both fighters seem like great people.

I think we're in for a classic with the strawweight title fight. Since moving to strawweight, Andrade has been one of the better fighters to watch in the UFC and J Double has already secured her legacy as one of the best ever - genuine living, active legend.

Edgar v Yair can't be boring, right? It's a huge step up for Yair, mind, so will be interesting to see how he copes with that and what Frankie has planned to avoid Yair's Tekken style.

I agree with Ebb, that the great few weeks of boxing hype has really overshadowed one of the great UFC cards.

I don't want to derail this thread too much- and I don't want to ask in a boxing thread in case I get eviscerated for my lack of knowledge- but every time I give boxing a chance, I'm bored senseless. I have foggy memories of seeing boxing on the telly as a little kid, but as an adult, my first exposure to boxing was Mayweather vs. Pacquiao the other year, the supposed fight of the century. It was a pretty uneventful decision for Floyd with a ton of movement, quick jabs, and zero sense that anyone was in danger. I then looked through Floyd's record and a lot of his stuff seems to be decisions. The next big boxing fight- at least here in Australia- was Danny Green vs. Anthony Mundine. A big grudge match, but a lot of tentative action and clinching, no back and forth, no one seeming to get hit significantly, decision to Green (I think). Is that just the way boxing is? Does it lack the violence and drama of UFC? Or have I just been unlucky in my boxing exposure? Can anyone point me in the direction of a fun back and forth boxing display or even *gasp* a finish?

To tie it to MMA somehow, Miocic vs. JDS 1 was way more fun than any boxing match I've seen :p

• Paid Members

You've just been unlucky in your boxing exposure, Shane O. 

Have a watch of Arturo Gatti vs Mickey Ward 1...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4A_0Znd50

Or if you're pushed for time, at least watch round 9...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZP-IfSZxl0

Unfortunately the fights you've been tuning in for would be the equivalent of a boxing fan's only MMA exposure being Mighty Mouse vs Dodson 2 and Rampage vs Rashad or something. 

You can't go wrong with the Gatti vs Ward trilogy. Or Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo 1. Or Pacquiao vs Marquez 4. Or Gatti vs Wilson Rodriguez. Or Marvin Hagler vs Tommy Hearns. Or Gatti vs Gabriel Ruelas (yes, Arturo Gatti was awesome. RIP). Fuck, even Joshua vs Klitschko from just couple of weeks back. 

And if you want something from a fellow Aussie, I'd highly recommend tracking down Michael Katsidis vs Graham Earl. Trust me. You'll thank me later. 

Archived