Southpaw Regional Wrestling

WWFChilli

The Club fucking suck, let's do one of those angles where they get amnesia & have Tex Ferguson & Chadd 2 Badd defending the belts at Mania.

Send them out in a blue Chevy and Tex with both eye patches on and nothing else on April 2nd will be worth seeing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

This advertorial really is the business isn't it? The huge revelation for me is Anderson able to inhabit a character and he's great. The meta Flair gag is fantastic too. And how great is Fandango's delivery?

More of this please!

• Paid Members

Apparently Cornette tweeted he's not going to watch it. He has (probably, because he's full of it). Meltzer and co weren't into it, I'm assuming because Lethal Leap Year wasn't at Sumo Hall.

I'm still laughing at 'For dur USA and all the southern countries', with Jericho repeating the line trying desperately not to lose it.

• Paid Members

I'm still laughing at 'For dur USA and all the southern countries', with Jericho repeating the line trying desperately not to lose it.

That was the point I totally lost it myself.

Rusev is wonderful in this (even more than usual) and I love the unspoken gag of the only non-North American guy on the SRW roster having a hillbilly gimmick, in contrast to so many of the promotions this is parodying having 'commies' played by Alabamian farmboys.

Apparently Cornette tweeted he's not going to watch it.

But I'm sure we'll get a 10-15 minute rant about why he's not watching it on his podcast.   In which he has probably criticised Trump for reacting badly to parody.

I enjoyed it, everyone involved looked like they were having a blast.  

• Paid Members

I'll just wait for all the CAWs to turn up and for Southpaw Regional Wrestling to live on in millions of Youtube videos. I know it won't be the same, but still.

• Awards Moderator

I'll just wait for all the CAWs to turn up and for Southpaw Regional Wrestling to live on in millions of Youtube videos. I know it won't be the same, but still.

Many, many videos already available.

I'd like to see this become a series but don't ever want to see any matches. Have the build up to and aftermath of matches. Make it a 'wrestling' show without matches.

And thus, Vince Russo's sports entertainment utopia was finally achieved. And it took WWE's send-up/'homage' of a territory to do it. Notice which word was missing from all of that

Archived