Worst Special Effects on TV and in Movies

DJM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There's also a CGI rebel pilot that's in there to tie in with Episode IV, but because I didn't realise I didn't spot him as being CGI.

I thought they used clips from Episode IV that didn’t make the final film for the Red Leader scenes?

Red Leader and Gold leader were both roto'd in using unused footage from Episode IV. They were blink and you'd miss it but were really well done.

• Awards Moderator

There's also a CGI rebel pilot that's in there to tie in with Episode IV, but because I didn't realise I didn't spot him as being CGI.

I thought they used clips from Episode IV that didn’t make the final film for the Red Leader scenes?

Red Leader and Gold leader were both roto'd in using unused footage from Episode IV. They were blink and you'd miss it but were really well done.

But the point is neither of them are CGI reconstructions. They're recycled footage.

• Paid Members

I'm sure Jumanji has quite a few bad ones. 

quite a few bad ones??? It's an abomination.

I loved it when it first came out, but I am not surprised there is a reboot with Dwayne being made. The effects have dated terribly!

The Brenda Fraser "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" had some horrific effects if I remember rightly although I'm in no rush to watch it again due to it being the drizzling shits.

The explosion at the end of The Last Boy Scout always sticks in my mind as looking particularly bad, just really badly and blatantly CGId.

• Paid Members

The Brenda Fraser "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" had some horrific effects if I remember rightly although I'm in no rush to watch it again due to it being the drizzling shits.

I thought it was passable (The Rock / Michael Caine / Luis Guzman triple-threat obviously makes the sequel far superior) but you're right, the effects are abominable.

• Paid Members

In a 180 on the topic last time I watch Memoirs Of An Invisible Man I was amazed how good the effects still looked. I thought it would all have been rose tinited specs and childhood whimsy that made me think it was good, but no it still looked great as an adult and years on.

Archived