UFC 210: Cormier vs Rumble 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

D.C says the scale was weighing differently to the scales he was using upstairs. That is possible. The scales can sometimes be off by a pound or two. Although admittedly, it does seem a little fishy. 

Regardless, I now have a sinking feeling that Rumble might win tomorrow.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, jimufctna24 said:

D.C says the scale was weighing differently to the scales he was using upstairs. That is possible.

That doesn't explain the 1.2lb difference in the 2 readings on the same scale. You can see him holding the towel - this is hardly a debate, is it?

It might explain why he came in overweight the first time round. Independent of that, the 1.2 difference between the 2 readings on the official scale is indeed fishy. D.C has pleaded ignorance on the subject.

However, when Cormier weighed in for a second time, he appeared to push down on the towel held in front of him, which could have manipulated the reading on the scale. The American Kickboxing Academy product pleaded ignorance to any knowledge of such a trick.

“I didn’t want you guys to see my junk,” Cormier explained to assembled media. “What does doing that do? I don’t understand. It’s not something I’ve done before. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t show my junk.”

• Paid Members

Obvious bullshit. His reaction and body language after the first weigh in was of a fighter who know he was over. He didn't look surprised at all at the reading. Not to mention it happened at the last possible minute, suggesting he hadn't been able to make the weight. All of that on top of the fact the same scales read diffently only a minute apart and that nobody else complained about them being off compared to the ones upstairs.

The explanation doesn't make sense. He didn't push down the first time, he walked out butt naked and didn't seem to care about it ... why would you push down on a towel to hide your nob?  You'd hold it in place or pull it up. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, lambyUK said:

The crazy thing is its the rule that was specifically written for boxing. It hasn't even been updated for MMA yet.

Absolute joke.

What a strange rule. I don't get why it would be banned in boxing either. Makes no sense. How is a pair of fake boobs going to help you in a fight? Surely it'd be a hinderance if anything. 

Here's Pearl and her Performance Enhancing Jugs btw...

image.jpg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

What a strange rule. I don't get why it would be banned in boxing either. Makes no sense. How is a pair of fake boobs going to help you in a fight? Surely it'd be a hinderance if anything. 

Here's Pearl and her Performance Enhancing Jugs btw...

Distraction, innit.

I watched most of the Jones presser. All his DC comments were clearly just Jones needling poor old DC - I think Jones compared DC to Stephan Bonnar at one point. Jones knows, during their last match up, DC was mentally battered by Jones come fight night. If I was Jones I'd be doing the same thing.

• Paid Members

The tit thing for unfair advantage makes no sense. Ironically I could totally understand a ban for the fighters own safety. Imagine if one popped under impact during a fight!

• Paid Members

Like others said earlier in the thread as well, it's funny how it's coming up now when it never has before. It's not like Pearl Gonzalez is the first fighter to get her bosoms pumped up is it? There was never a peep about it when Miesha Tate was fighting and nobody's believing them things were natural. Same with Cat Zingano. 

I'm inclined to think the weight debacle is down to incompetence more than anything else. I think the NSAC have shown that they're too disorganised to pull off any kind of shenanigans without someone getting caught, and the scales in question were in plain sight of dozens of reporters and officials, so they'd have had a hell of a time playing with them and not getting seen.

If Cormier's weight cut really has been that bad, it's possible we are in for a very dull fight, because the smart thing for Cormier to do after this is to simply take Johnson down and grind out a win by holding Johnson down rather than trying to finish him.

• Paid Members

I'll be gutted if Cormier loses tonight but I guess on the bright side, at least Jones vs Rumble is a fresh fight. And there aren't many of them at 205. It's probably the single most interesting fight in the division for me as well. Plus it'd also open up the possibility for Rumble vs Cormier 3 somewhere down the road. So that's two potential big fights in the pipeline if Rumble wins tonight. If Cormier wins...there's really only the Jones rematch for the time being, isn't there? What else is there on the horizon? Gustafsson rematch is a way off and he needs to get some momentum going. Bader's gone (thank fuck). Glover's rebuilding. I could genuinely see a Manuwa vs Shogun fight being a number one contenders match soon. 

Still hope DC wins though. Fuck what's good for the division. Sometimes you just want your guy to win and I can't go against Cormier. 

I'd definitely be more partial to Cormier winning. I enjoy watching his fights, think he comes off a great guy and I'd love to see him get another shot at Jones, especially given how he's probably got a lot better shot this time around. But that weight cut looked draining as fuck on him. He genuinely looked awful, and if he's looking to control and wrestle a guy as explosive as Rumble then he's going to need a lot in the gas tank. I've got money on a 2nd round knockout from Rumble and feel fairly confident sticking to that. I'm guessing DC can grapple him around for a round at maximum, and then gets clipped early in the 2nd. Something fishy has surely gone down in that weight cutting procedure. DC continues to insist the scales messed up for him, as he weighed in at 205 on his scales. Despite the fact he didn't look the slightest bit surprised when he missed weight.

Interesting bit from Embedded as well, after DC/Rumble weigh in, Cormier tells Rumble he's done at 205 after this fight. If he loses I can see that being true, but if he wins surely he sticks around for the Jones rematch at least? Is he really willing to give up a rematch with his arch nemesis, who is returning after a long time out, in what would be a mega-money PPV in favor of not having to make weight again? Plus, IIRC wasn't one of his initial reasons for moving to LHW so that he wouldn't have to fight Cain? DC is a small LHW, and he'd be chucked right in with the elite at Heavyweight. I can't see him lasting long with the likes of Werdum, Stipe, Overeem, Ngannou etc.

Plus, can you imagine the state of the LHW division? If there's no Cormier rematch, would Jones be happy sticking around in that dead a division? Rumble is a tough outing for him, but what does he gain from beating the likes of Manuwa/Glover/Shogun? With the exception of a rematch with Gus, there's nothing left down there apart from a Cormier rematch, and if DC does piss off to heavyweight, I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones follow him up.

• Paid Members

You could be right but it's not like Rumble's some cardio king either. He's so fucking explosive that he's really only got two rounds in him going at full pelt. 

If they both end up gassing after a couple of rounds this could wind up being a very ugly fight down the stretch. 

DC could fade badly. We won't know until tonight though. I also wouldn't be surprised if he looks great despite looking like a shrivelled up ballbag on the scales. Weigh ins are weird. I don't put too much emphasis on them these days. It's so hard to tell. A guy can look terrible on the scales and then amazing in the cage. McGregor looked like shit for some of his weigh ins at 145, for example. Demian Maia has looked mega drained for a few as well. They both crushed their opponents the following night. Fuck it. It's going to make for an interesting first round or two but that's always the case with Rumble anyway. 

Almost 50/50 on it. Probably 60/40 to DC. 

Archived