UFC 210: Cormier vs Rumble 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

This early morning weigh ins are proving to be absolutely shambolic. Since it's introduction we've had a ridiculous amount of weight misses. It seems that having these guys go to sleep dehydrated to fuck isn't helping at all whilst it's also allowing the bigger guys to re-hydrate to an even bigger size come fight night.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cormier leaned on the towel quite noticeably, age old trick to shift a pound or two. 

Raises questions; thought you weren't allowed to re-weigh after you'd walked off? 

Either way we got a fight.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Cormier leaned on the towel quite noticeably, age old trick to shift a pound or two. 

Raises questions; thought you weren't allowed to re-weigh after you'd walked off? 

Either way we got a fight.

From Ariel Helwani: NYSAC told us that per their rules you are allowed to weigh-in again within two hours after the initial weigh-ins for title fights only.

AKA must be cursed. No other explanation to it. You've got Rockhold and Cain being pulled from their rights, Khabib outright missing weight completely and DC looking though he's on the door of death, albeit making weight. 

That's now the third time a UFC PPV main or co-main since December has been in serious jeopardy due to weight cutting. Pettis/Holloway, Khabib/Ferguson and now Cormier/Rumble barely scraping over the limit. Mental considering these new weight limit rulings were supposedly going to massively shut down the chances of a fighter missing weight.

• Paid Members

Here's the video: http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/7/15183462/ufc-210-weigh-in-video

Skip to the last 3 minutes. He does appear to leave on the towel quite a bit ... I wonder if someone backstage just told him to go out and do it. Either way, surely he needs to come up with an explanation as to how he lost the weight. You can't question the accuracy of the scale because it just throws every other fighter's weight into question.

The drama continues! Pearl Gonzalez has been pulled from her fight with Calvilio. Reasoning to follow soon reports Ariel.

EDIT: Female fighters aren't allowed to have implants, as per the NYSAC. What a shambles.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

The drama continues! Pearl Gonzalez has been pulled from her fight with Calvilio. Reasoning to follow soon reports Ariel.

Dear god, the official reason, women fighters aren't allowed breast implants per NYSAC. That's the god to honest truth. 

How on earth did Miesha Tate get cleared to fight at UFC 205 then? 

What a mess, you would think she's been walking around with them for some time, and yet only the day before the fight does someone decide to flag it up? That doesn't even begin the argument of how having breast implants gives one fighter an advantage either. Saw on Twitter a good point that the once talked about Tate/Ronda trilogy wouldn't have been able to happen in MSG with this ruling. Come to think of it, Tate fought on that 205 card! What is going on?!

• Paid Members

I voted for Cormier by decision before the weigh in, but I'm now going to stick money on Rumble. Without the cardio to take Rumble into the deep waters of the later rounds I can't see past a KO for Johnson, maybe in round 2.

• Paid Members

A fight is called off because of fake tits? Really? What the fuck is going on here? 

And fuck Rumble. I hope DC still pulls it off. Although he did resemble a scrotum there. I've got a bad feeling about this. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

A fight is called off because of fake tits? Really? What the fuck is going on here? 

And fuck Rumble. I hope DC still pulls it off. Although he did resemble a scrotum there. I've got a bad feeling about this. 

The crazy thing is its the rule that was specifically written for boxing. It hasn't even been updated for MMA yet.

Absolute joke.

The other fishy thing I found is that Rumble weighs in at the last second comes in at 203.8llbs.

1.2 llbs under the 205 limit. Yet by a huge coincidence is the exact weight Cormier lost by taking a seemingly huge turd.

Archived