UK promotional wars

Arthur B. Funky

The beef with F!N was that they seemed to be running an adult-oriented, black & white graphic'd show in a gig venue in north London. At best it was cheeky.

Yeah it was us, but that's all in the past, like Linus says we have carved out our niche and run across Sussex, Kent and down west in Dorset.

We run regular shows and have just announced our deal with FITE which we will be providing a weekly hour exclusive show plus 4-5 iPPV's in 2017. Our weekly shows start w/c 12th June and our first taping is in Eastbourne (all our tapings are in Eastbourne) on Monday 1st May featuring Matt Riddle, Joey Ryan, Mark Haskins, Chris Ridgeway, Ryan Smile & more.

Our next show is 28th April at Westgate Hall Canterbury feat Tommy Dreamer, Riddle & Joey Ryan.

To check us out go to www.facebook.com/fightnationuk

In hindsight the slight digs are what they are and our first show was a TERRIBLE draw however we have stayed the course and I would say we are now on great terms with promotions across the UK and have shared talent with many (even Progress!)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard of promotors allegedly ripping posters down. Sure that's one thing that's supposed to have happened sometimes. I saw one Indy write a post moaning about somebody ripping a poster down one of their lot put on a phone box with a photo saying along the lines of "We hate people doing this. People can't find out about us" Whilst they're correct to a point, thought of sticking to small businesses that have notice boards/stick them up as opposed to fly posting? You can face a fine for it in some places. Likewise with flyering. I remember getting a PCW flyer when I went to TNA the first time. Specifically, it was one for the weekender with AJ Styles on when he was fresh off that boat and they were plugging his appearance there for the much anticipated Lionheart match.

I can say with some certainty that in Swansea, fly-posting is basically run by a cartel ... you go putting your own flyers up around Swansea, they'll be quickly taken down, then you'll get the "we do that, so pay us now & we'll make sure no more of 'em get ripped down" kind of visit.  Truth.  Music promoters regularly donate to a fly-poster protection fund.  Seen it happen.

I think Chest once described Britwres~ as fighting over breadcrumbs. How very accurate, it is so small time.

hahahha, love that comment,

It was followed with an analogy about a band laughing at a busker because the band got 15 people at their last gig so were experts in putting on a show.

Look, I've been involved with some wrestling companies & what would be classed as pop-ups in my time ... there's an element of "scrapping over crumbs" in there.  On the whole, though, there are lots of great people with great intentions, but getting screwed by each other.

No beef, no fannying about, no agenda.  The above is how I have seen it since being involved in BritWres since approximately 1989/90.

Archived