Most surreal moments in wrestling

• Paid Members

I'm thinking of the first part of your post. I'm sure there was a walk out at the start, with King involved too. Only a few didn't walkout so Trips started brawling with Cena n co.

Edit: it was 3rd Oct 11, the entire locker room minus the ones I mentioned were ringside and walked out including Del Rio and Menry who were champions. Del Rio stood there looking sorry for himself while Christian done the talking beside him. Only Cena, Punk and Sheamus turned up for work the next week until Vince came out about 15 mins in to the episode and sorted it out then miraculously the entire roster appeared in the back. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Raw the night after Reigns won the Rumble where they did a load of sit down interviews at WWE headquarters or that local TV studio and showed the Rumble match in full because the roster had been caught in that massive blizzard and they had no show.  Reigns was clearly wearing an earpiece during his interview.

As surreal as this was, I thought that episode ended up being absolutely cracking. Shame none of the rest of the 'Mania build could match it until the actual show itself.

Got a link to Beefer?

Ed Leslie reverting back to the Brutus Beefcake gimmick on WCW Saturday Night in late 99 was incredibly surreal to me. Never new he started dressing like the Barber again, so seeing it was crazy.

I'm thinking of the first part of your post. I'm sure there was a walk out at the start, with King involved too. Only a few didn't walkout so Trips started brawling with Cena n co.

Edit: it was 3rd Oct 11, the entire locker room minus the ones I mentioned were ringside and walked out including Del Rio and Menry who were champions. Del Rio stood there looking sorry for himself while Christian done the talking beside him. Only Cena, Punk and Sheamus turned up for work the next week until Vince came out about 15 mins in to the episode and sorted it out then miraculously the entire roster appeared in the back. 

Wasn't the walkout due to the havoc The Awesome Truth (Miz and R-Truth) were causing to the roster IIRC?

• Paid Members

Hands down 21-1.  One of the most stunning things I've ever watched on TV in wrestling/sport/drama, any genre.  Will never forgot a room of about ten of us just sat in silence for at least a minute after it happened.

I think my most surreal moment personally was working on a gala day show, near Falkirk in Scotland. I'd had my match and was watching the rest of the show from outside the changing rooms.

The gala was on a huge field and they'd spread everything out for some reason, rather than having it all in one place like they normally did, so everything going on was pretty sparsely attended.

At one point, I was watching a match between two guys, who were flipping and flying about the ring in an empty field, with absolutely no-one watching and nobody even in view, save for me and another gala day act who was going to get changed - an Elvis lookalike dressed as a chef, who was telling me how Johnny Cash was the world's first rapper.

This wasn't a dream.

• Paid Members

Bobby Heenan really liking Luger's body for about twenty minutes at the Royal Rumble 1993 was a bit odd. I can never find the tune they used for that thing. WWE used the "Narcissist" theme then it broke into something else when he revealed himself. Can't find that version.

According to Luger's 93 timeline interview with Kayfabe Commentaries, Heenan didn't want to do that as 'the audience will think I'm queer or something'.

Yeah, Heenan coming out with the WCW belt on WWF TV will always be a WTF moment.

Spoiler for last night's WWE PPV;

Think i'll now add seeing Goldberg with a WWE title again after last night. I know it's the UT, but still.

• Paid Members

Bobby Heenan really liking Luger's body for about twenty minutes at the Royal Rumble 1993 was a bit odd. I can never find the tune they used for that thing. WWE used the "Narcissist" theme then it broke into something else when he revealed himself. Can't find that version.

According to Luger's 93 timeline interview with Kayfabe Commentaries, Heenan didn't want to do that as 'the audience will think I'm queer or something'.

Bobby seemed to really fancy him. You never got that when he bought Hercules.

Archived