Most surreal moments in wrestling

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was pretty surreal seeing The Heavenly Bodies and Rock n Roll Express having a Smoky Mountain tag team title match on WWF PPV. The WWF hadn't hardly acknowledged another company in over a decade and then here they are promoting a match from a small Southern 'wrasslin' company as polar opposite from their own as possible, on one of their biggest shows of 1993. It felt really weird

• Paid Members

DX entering a weird world underneath the ring where Hornswoggle and apparently other dwarves dwell was surreal. In a shit way, but still surreal.

The simulcast with WCW and the WWF. Shane O Mac telling Vince he had bought WCW on the final Nitro. Shame what could have been one of the biggest angles ever fizzled out before it even really began. All the Raw v SmackDown stuff could have been WWE vs WCW and WrestleMania would have been like the Super Bowl of wrestling with major WCW vs WWE fantasy matchups each year.

Another surreal moment has to be the Montreal Screwjob where Bret and Shawn broke character and Vince really becoming the "evil" Mr McMahon character then. A few more moments

Hulk slamming Andre

Macho and Miss Elizabeth reconciling at Mania VII

Hulk turning heel

Bret joining WCW when he was always thought of as Mr WWF

The Pillmans got a gun episode of Raw

Goldberg coming back to the WWE

Scott Hall and Big Kev turning up on WCW Nitro

21-1

Bret and Vince making up and the Hitman back on WWE programming

The Rock being one of Hollywoods biggest stars. Granted he had star quality but I don't think anyone could have called him being so successful and IIRC he's the highest paid actor in Hollywood

ECW coming back. Shame it wasn't the old ECDub but fun while it lasted.

AJ, Joe, KO and the other indie guys success in WWE. Kudos to them as they thoroughly deserve it.

• Paid Members

Near enough the whole roster walking out of Raw citing "unsafe working conditions". That was one of the biggest wtf moments I can remember, absolutely terrible storyline and cut the balls off everyone of them, iirc even the champs walked out, what a way to make them look like absolute chumps. Couldn't believe it got the go ahead but then I think I remember reading that it was Vince's idea and he thought it was a great angle, apparently Triple H tried to have a word but he wasn't having any of it.

Near enough the whole roster walking out of Raw citing "unsafe working conditions". That was one of the biggest wtf moments I can remember, absolutely terrible storyline and cut the balls off everyone of them, iirc even the champs walked out, what a way to make them look like absolute chumps. Couldn't believe it got the go ahead but then I think I remember reading that it was Vince's idea and he thought it was a great angle, apparently Triple H tried to have a word but he wasn't having any of it.

when was that?

And what's this about Hassan beheading Taker? I've obviously seen the masked men angle and thought that was the peak of their stupidity with Hassan

• Paid Members

Was it to do with the ash cloud? I remember Cena, Punk, Del Rio and Sheamus were all definitely there and there was a good chunk of the locker room at ringside before they walked out. Either way, they could have worked out something better with what they had. This wasn't a one off either, it was a story about Awesome Truth (I think) jumping people backstage and other heels running riot, everyone involved looked terrible.

Think it was sometime in 2012 sj, my memory's like a sieve though.

Think you're confusing two different shows there. The walkout episode was the one with Triple H, Cena, Punk and Sheamus being the only ones who showed up in the building and was resolved by Vince coming back and kicking Trips off about twenty minutes in.

The volcanic cloud one was the SmackDown crew (who were still in the US) plus Triple H who must've been at the office. This one I know was in 2010 as loads of stuff was affected by it, whilst I think the walkout one was about a year later.

• Paid Members

That Raw the night after Reigns won the Rumble where they did a load of sit down interviews at WWE headquarters or that local TV studio and showed the Rumble match in full because the roster had been caught in that massive blizzard and they had no show.  Reigns was clearly wearing an earpiece during his interview.

• Paid Members

Sting in WWE for me, and then challenging for a world title in the year 2015.

After nearly 15 years of turning down the ‘E and pretty much hearing every year he was in talks only not to sign, to see him stroll out at Survivor Series was like, “WTF? This is actually happening?”

Archived