"He's finished lads. He's well past it."

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Who is past it? Could be anyone from anything. Footballers, TV presenters, comedians, actors. Just people who were quite good, but are now dog shit. There's no real critera. John Lydon for example as much as I like him is a massive patomime dame onstage now. He doesnt really do his songs justice. And his interviews are all Roddy Piper these days as well, so you sort of think this world isnt quite meant for Johnny anymore.

I used to love Eddie Izzard. He was hilarious on those videos he'd release every Christmas. Saw a stand up from him recently, and its fucking dreadful. Unfunny musings about how he doesnt believe in religion and the odd reference to "jam." Couldnt believe 800 levels of shit he fell down compared to his pomp.

I'd probably go with Arnie as well, but I love him so much I'm still praying he's got another run in him. But he's just a parody of himself these days by the looks of things. Everything I've seen him in anyway. If anyone can desperately prove me otherwise, I'd be happy to check it out.

Oh, Paul Stanley from KISS is fucked. My God, I heard him try and sing an accoustic set recently online and he's knackered. So sad.

• Moderators

Arnie's still got it. In the post-politics years, he was legitimately great in Maggie, and still putting in good performances in good/middling/bad films like The Last Stand, Escape Plan and Sabotage. Even the Expendables and T5, though they're mostly dreadful, it still raises a smile when he's onscreen, rather than being embarrassed for him or anything.

Izzard's a great call though; one of those comics that did so much presenting or documentary hosting, they forgot how to write jokes. Then again, whenever I see any of his old stuff, I can't believe I found any of it funny in the first place. He does good charity work with all the running and weeing blood and all, but the laffo days are gone.

De Niro's gone from everyone's call of 'best ever' to the last couple of decades where he seems to be trying to let everyone see how much he actively despises being on camera. Plus now he's a crazy anti-vaxxer, and offering $100k reward for anyone who can prove vaccines are safe and don't cause autism.

• Paid Members

My missus went to see Eddie Izzard last year, i dont think she even knew who he was going in but she said it was terrible. I'd put it down to her knowing what kind of comic he was going to be, but maybe he was just genuinely terrible?

Meatloaf - although this may be to do with health reasons rather than anything else. His live performances are not great and just seems to warble instead of compared to years ago when he use to belt the songs out.

I saw a TV interview with him a few months ago and it appears that he has had some sort of stroke as his speech was slurred. You would think his management would tell him to stop, as I thought it was such a shame to see him like that.

• Paid Members

Ardal O'Hanlon has walked this since 1999.

"I love meat so much I want to lick the cows". That was his stand up at the turn if the century. Dire.

Great call. He was wonderful in Father Ted but he's not funny and the stuff he writes comes across as someone trying to write a joke.

Jon Bon Jovi - Not only has he turned into Jericho's mum in the last ten years but his voice has well. Seen them a few times and he's always struggling to deliver the vocal a register below what it should be without straining his voice. So much for power ballads, the full set was a 70% effort if that.

Plus he looks ridiculous. Those new teeth and botoxed face is so far removed from 80's rock. In the 80's anything was fair game now he wears polonecks and shiny shoes.

I'd probably go with Arnie as well, but I love him so much I'm still praying he's got another run in him. But he's just a parody of himself these days by the looks of things. Everything I've seen him in anyway. If anyone can desperately prove me otherwise, I'd be happy to check it out.

This for me. I love Arnie. The amount of times I've watched the likes of Commando, Total Recall, Predator and many others in my life is off the scale. But good god do those adverts he does for that shitty Mobile Strike really get on my wick and make me cringe. The latest one is just him rattling off his most famous catchphrases like someone has pulled a string on his back. Very sad to see.

• Paid Members

I'll throw a metal one in there...

Max Cavalera.

The guy was my musical idol, Sepultura were the first band i truly loved, when i was 14/15 he was like some kind of heavy metal god to me. I'm still a fan of his music and he continues to churn out good records but in a live setting he'a woeful. He's over-weight, he basically talks his way through the songs and he doesn't even play guitar on stage, he's been carried by his band for years yet no one seems to mind, it's a strange set-up but he's a good example of someone who's past it.

• Paid Members

Max Cavalera.

The guy was my musical idol, Sepultura were the first band i truly loved, when i was 14/15 he was like some kind of heavy metal god to me. I'm still a fan of his music and he continues to churn out good records but in a live setting he'a woeful. He's over-weight, he basically talks his way through the songs and he doesn't even play guitar on stage, he's been carried by his band for years yet no one seems to mind, it's a strange set-up but he's a good example of someone who's past it.

Iggor Cavalera has been playing drums for Soulwax recently, and will be on their latest tour.

• Paid Members

Max Cavalera.

Iggor Cavalera has been playing drums for Soulwax recently, and will be on their latest tour.

Soulwax :blink:

Marilyn Manson. Used to love him when i was younger and always seemed like a smart guy behind the antics. The Columbine fallout destroyed him though, was never the same after that. Once he started writing about his personal life the quality of his music really took a huge hit as nobody cared. Still going now but is out of shape, hasn't enough stamina to get through a show without spending half of it on the ground and frequently forgets the lyrics to his own songs. Sad.

• Paid Members

What's wrong with Soulwax?

Arnie's still got it. In the post-politics years, he was legitimately great in Maggie, and still putting in good performances in good/middling/bad films like The Last Stand, Escape Plan and Sabotage. Even the Expendables and T5, though they're mostly dreadful, it still raises a smile when he's onscreen, rather than being embarrassed for him or anything.

It's been an amazing comeback, hasn't it? As soon as he was done with politics it's like he thought, "Right. Back to shooting people!" Didn't even consider doing anything else for a second. And like you say, it's been a solid comeback too, The Last Stand is easily one of his better films and Escape Plan was good fun too. I didn't enjoy Sabotage one bit but he was the only thing worth watching in it.

I always thought Arnie's comeback was a bit sad as he is only doing it after he Ric Flair'd his personal life and everyone and their housekeeper was lookong for a piece of his money.

Also can I suggest Tiger Woods? Just retire already, it ain't happening again.

• Paid Members

Steven Seagal has went really fecking shit since he friended up with Putin and Russia.

Meat Loaf's done something to his back which mucks up his singing voice supposedly. He can't expand himself to hit the high notes.

Phil Collins walking with a stick, all hunched over, is really sad. He's a gazillionairre, but still sad.

Archived